Lt. Commander
# 1 Ventrilo ?'s
01-31-2010, 04:44 PM
I have noticed many fleets requiring/ wanting members to get this program. I understand the basic premise this is a program that allows fleets to communicate with each other. My questions are:

- Once you download the programs, will your fleet will give the server info to connect?

- Do you need one of the headsets with a mic?

-How hard is it to get this to work?

I know these are basic questions. Thanks for your responses in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzandstripes View Post
I have noticed many fleets requiring/ wanting members to get this program. I understand the basic premise this is a program that allows fleets to communicate with each other. My questions are:

- Once you download the programs, will your fleet will give the server info to connect?

- Do you need one of the headsets with a mic?

-How hard is it to get this to work?

I know these are basic questions. Thanks for your responses in advance.

1. Most fleets advertising vent servers will have the information needed to log in ready for you.

2. You need a microphone, it does not have to be a fancy one, a wal-mart one for $5 will work just fine (I splurged, bought a $10 one 5 years ago, still works fine)

3. It is pretty simple. Worst case scenario, someone in the fleet can walk you through it if you have problems, though Google is your friend. Trust me, the program has been around long enough that if you have a problem with it, chances are half a million others have and have complained about it in forums, with 10% of those threads having solutions in them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
"- Once you download the programs, will your fleet will give the server info to connect?"

They have to give you the info, yeah.

"- Do you need one of the headsets with a mic?"

You need something to listen with, and something to talk with. Headset is best.

"-How hard is it to get this to work?"

It requires a server name, a port number, and a password, which are supplied by your fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Bump since I went to take a leak, came back and it was already on the second page.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
I use Ventrilo with my gaming clan and it is easy to use but may require a little help to set-up....

as to headset with mic - well you need a mic or you can't talk to people but it doesn't have to be a headset, a desktop mic will do the job....
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanatosMk1
1. Most fleets advertising vent servers will have the information needed to log in ready for you.

2. You need a microphone, it does not have to be a fancy one, a wal-mart one for $5 will work just fine (I splurged, bought a $10 one 5 years ago, still works fine)

3. It is pretty simple. Worst case scenario, someone in the fleet can walk you through it if you have problems, though Google is your friend. Trust me, the program has been around long enough that if you have a problem with it, chances are half a million others have and have complained about it in forums, with 10% of those threads having solutions in them.
Thanks for your response!