Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Do we really want the Devs sitting around typing, answering every post in the forums instead of fixing the problems?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldknite View Post
As the title says. The Devs owe you nothing at this point. They owe you nothing until 2/2/2010. That is when the game goes live. That is when you can all say, 'Well I paid for this game'. You paid for a service that begins on 2/2/2010. The company allowing you to get a head start is nothing but a priviledge. So what is the point in threatening that you will not buy this game because of all that is happening in the beta. Yeas, that is what headstart really is, More Beta Crash testing. How does the company telling you what problems they are having with their servers fix any problem? There is nothing that you can do to help them. What does you knowing accomplish? Absolutely nothing except give you more fodder to ***** about.

Sitting on these forum say that they are doing everything wrong 'ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING'. This is how they are going to run their game for the time being, this is how their server are going to run (Well in a fixed state I imagine) This is how the game play will be.

So Please, Will you stop whining, and *****ing at the Devs for some ridiculous reason and let them work. Oh Wait, They are fixing things because they aren't listening to you whine and moan.

And nobody is cheating, you just suck at PvP. Fix=Suck less

Rant Done for now...
Flame on!
So you'll be as quiet as a mouse come 2/2 then?
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
bah.. mistyped
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Well thats the thing. In any software development house, not everyone is a network engineer working on the servers. There is certainly more then one person right now who isn't working "on the servers". Not everyone can be everything in software development. Also what about the time they are patching servers, or in their downtime on break, there are many opportunities for a single dev to take a few mins out of their time to talk to the community that's paying their paycheques.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
It's not a privelage its a package deal and included in the cost of prepurchasing the game. So yeah you paid for it because its included.

What will you say on 2/2/2010 when its even worse then now?
Most likely wont be worse on 2/2 because all the problems we have experienced would have been experienced on 2/2 if Cryptic hadnt given the pre-orders a head start. It gets a lot of the people going on the game. Its about testing so it breaks before it comes out so they can fix and adjust problems.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Somebody call the WAAAAAmblulance! Mommy, Mommy! My game doesn't work! Help! I can't find Sulu!

GET OVER IT!!!

Do you know how many closed beta days I missed because of stupid crap like this? Hell, I paid lifetime for CO and wasn't even let into STO's closed beta for a good while. I once called out from work just to get some beta time, only to find that I got the hours wrong and completely wasted my time. I b*tched and moaned, but you know what? I didn't get anything for it. Instead I decided that I would shut up, wait it out, and be thankful for what beta time I did get. Eventually, they dropped a whole nonstop weekend and open beta soon after.

Now the game is coming out. No, it's not perfect. But it's the closest thing I have to making my own crew, ship, captain, and enjoying all of that with friends. I AM THANKFUL. So much so, that I don't mind a little down time. Once everything is in order, I'll get to spend plenty of time playing the game that I enjoy. All it requires is patience.

The ONLY people who have a right to be mad about anything are the Gamestop preorders. They got the short end of the stick.

Everyone else just shut up and be thankful that the game even exists.