Lt. Commander
Picard: "MMO? I think I can help you. It was a 21st century form of entertainment, the most obvious ancestor of Subspace Hologaming.
Their technological environment was most uncertain. The human experience was a harsh one. Players used to fight AI mobiles, lag, "griefers", maintenance; they blamed the devs, their relatives, other players, their cat, and the sun; they cheered in downs, cried in downtime, shouted at loading screens, and p(r)ayed for items. Oh it was a dervish dance, really.
Most forgot where they were and that it was just a game. The first MMO War happened in 2021 and caused over one zillion forum posts, practically freezing all other activity over the earth computing network for months."

Ensign: "So this is how you see these mmo games, Sir?"

Picard
: "Oh yes. You know Ensign, I had the opportunity to travel back in time to assist at the headstart of a funny science-fiction game, with ships and technology that looked very much like ours. It's an understatement to say it was a hostile crowd over there. I still wonder to that day how people working on this could take so much rudeness and ungratefulness. That crowd I observed, our very ancestors indeed, really had no other vision than profitability, even when discussing their own recreation time. I know History, but it's scary to think we actually were like that."
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 04:54 PM
My eyes!!

need......bigger.....font......
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chemtoy00
My eyes!!

need......bigger.....font......