Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by birsealmighty View Post
Who invented Queues anyway?

Being Scottish I'm going to blame the English!
I'm with you on this, they invent dumb words like rubbish.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisdead View Post
The queue was not implemented well, those that disconnect should be able to bypass the queue for a few minutes. At least if the server is as unstable as it is now.

It's not a bad thing if you have to wait for a few minutes to get in, then you can play for as long as you want, it's better than playing on a server that is unstable due to excessive load. That is the kind of queue/player limit mechanics we want. The bad thing is the server is unstable with high queue that doesn't work properly, but at least they're trying.
I agree it isn't a bad thing if you have to wait to get in. However in three hours I have been in three times. Twice the game has froze/crashed and the last time I received a time out error. It does look like there is an excessive load - just look how long it is taking for a mission to load - once you get past the queue that is!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 04:06 PM
The queu is probably a patched together one designed to let at least some people play while they try to fix whatever problem that happened. Heck, ya'll are acting like this is a long planned feature instead of a stop gap feature implemented when a catastrophe struck. Which I'm not saying it has, because I, like the REST of you, don't have an effing clue of WHAT happened. It's all speculation at this time. All I DO know is Cryptic never said they were implementing a queu, they've said they're having server problems, now there's a queu.

What any of this has to do with this forum I have no clue. What, there's not enough Q threads on the 'Discussion' forum? C'mon folks! THIS is the forum where we answer player questions about the game. There are some good, helpful threads that are being buried under the dross of whining threads because ya'll can't just whine in 1 or 2 threads but have to try to make EVERY page 1 continuous sob story.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
All I DO know is Cryptic never said they were implementing a queu, they've said they're having server problems, now there's a queu.
Read the developer notes on your launcher. Scroll down to the one that says, "Testing our que system." Read it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
I can't Telura; I'm stuck at work doing a double because of an effing snowstorm and logging in during dead times. To bad I couldnt' sneak my home computer in....I'd love to see where I ended up on the que! We could maybe make a lotto type game out of it <LOL>.

I'll look around the news and dev comments when I have a chance though; thanks for the suggestion.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 04:15 PM
For sure, dude.

That sucks about you being stuck at work! I once had to spend the night at work because of a snow storm. It was the least amount of fun I'd EVER had. In my life.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
hey - guys - it's spelt Q.U.E.U.E

I should know, I'm English
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-31-2010, 04:28 PM
I speak American.

Typical English, to assume that everything magical in this world comes from that tiny island...
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zheenah View Post
hey - guys - it's spelt Q.U.E.U.E

I should know, I'm English
It's a French word, meaning "tail". I guess that's all the tail you English get.