Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danohk View Post
Yes, but Star Trek has an enormous fanbase already. A deluge of non-MMO veterans really should be expected.

MoAr SeRv3Rz pLZ!
Yeah, it's not like an epic IP has failed in the gaming world before...

Before some smart alec calls me a "doomsayer", I am totally on the fence.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
The only thing I really am annoyed about so far is the patch notes.. or the lack of them.. :p But its not a big deal.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I am truly amazed that there are so many people trying to play STO before the official launch date that Crypitc's equiptement cant even handle it. This can be either incredibly good, or incredibly bad. If they get this fixed quick, it will mean that STO will possibly be a bigger sucess than anyone ever imagined and that Cryptic will have all the funds they ever need to provide all the content we want. If this DOESNT get fixed quick, STO's rep will be scarred from the beginning and its almost impossible for an MMO to shake a bad rep(see SWG). Either way, can anyone else believe(figure of speech) that there are really this many people pre-launch? I'm amazed
dont know if ya read what one of the reps said

but apprently, if you go off of the number of sales, usualy a certain % ever play at a time
and STO players are no where near playing by those basic rules

imagine if only 5% ever really played, but 50% showed up, what game out there do you think could handle that? i dont think ANY would, and thats probly something like whats happening(though not to that extent obviously)

i personaly see this as a good sign of things to come if this many people wanna play, but scary at the same time
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
That said, these are also the same reasons people should stop being so angry. It's like this is their first MMO or something.
Given the license attached, I would imagine a lot of people are experiencing an MMO for the first time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumoben View Post
The only thing I really am annoyed about so far is the patch notes.. or the lack of them.. :p But its not a big deal.
cryptic has stated the lack of usualy means one thing

"server side changes where you are getting patched up to match the version number"

if there was anything worth telling us in them theyve always been good about it in the past
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevedis View Post
cryptic has stated the lack of usualy means one thing

"server side changes where you are getting patched up to match the version number"

if there was anything worth telling us in them theyve always been good about it in the past
Oh I know..

I'm just one of those people who want to know anyway. :p