Lt. Commander
# 31
01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
For a death penalty why not make a percentage decrease of your damage, power, hull points or shields either all or some of them anyway lasting 20mins - half an hour, decreasing each time you die to a cap. That works.

Crafting, just YES.

Making leveling take longer, definatlly, a game should in no way be totally aimed at getting to the top level and repeating the same content over and over.

My 2p
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-31-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrid76 View Post

13 hours of playtime in between the crashes since Friday and im nearly halfway thru Captain.
That doesn't sound right. I don't even know how that could be done.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-31-2010, 04:56 PM
There is crafting. Visit Memory Alpha.

I suspect the death penalty, involving replenishing dead crew, will be in shortly. Maybe it's already in, but only active at later levels.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-31-2010, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrau
Beleave it or not there is Hardcore crafter's Yes there is someone who will put in 70 hr's of there 80 hr's play into crafting. Then there is Housing no houseing is another MMO part that u have alot of plaiers staing around to make there home look 100 time's better then anyone else's and Of corse I'm a Carebear when it come's to losing ship's but with there not being a 100 hr's to making a ship losing would only mean money and item so not bad as if I speant 6 month's to make a ship and lose it.
I believe you're trying to say something about people who have no life whatsover spending 80 hours a week crafting in some other games. I say let them continue doing just that in their other games.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-31-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salexander
This is revisonist history. The game died long, long ago, and was never successful.

The only people who want brutal death penalties are griefers who want to cause more grief.
Generalizations, death penalities weed out bad players and better players by forcing them to learn from their mistakes and think with their head.