Lt. Commander
# 1 Suggestion
01-31-2010, 06:12 PM
I have a suggestion for the game:

GET RID OF THAT DAMN AUTOMATIC DEEP SPACE ENCOUNTER!!!!
lolz
seriously tho, it gets annoying when you trek all over the sector, maybe multiple sectors, arrive at the system you need to be in and without warning you just end up in a DSE just as you go to click to enter the system.

Maybe part of the idea behind it was to cut down on idling in sector space which is fine but if i have just done 3 rounds of saving the sector (9 DSE's) the one thing i really DONT want is being pulled into the very end of one against my will when i dont even get an opt out option. maybe give me a 3 second window to decline or something.

This final time i was dragged into one prior to writing this, i passed the ship and it never pulled me in, then when it was like 4 LY away it flies to me so fast that if i had engines like that i could pass through a sector in a matter of seconds and it then yoinks me in, through an involuntarily (server not responding) loading screen just to end up at the end of a battle in which case i need to exit system, endure ANOTHER (server not responding) screen to end up outside my intended target system which i then have to enter via another llloooooonnnnggg loading screen
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Here is where I post the requisite "/signed".
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 06:19 PM
yes please and thank you
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 06:33 PM
phew
not just me then ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 06:40 PM
Jesus guys, the game isn't even released yet. No MMO launch is smooth. We're in Beta. The servers are being stress tested.

Sorry just parroting the talking points of the apologist brigade.

For what it's worth, I heartily agree with you.