Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
# 81
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
If the queue is around after go live I'm not going to continue my sub. As of right now 1 month at a time and 1 month may be all Cryptic ever gets from me.

Like the game but if I'm a paying customer I won't wait to play (especially since my available time is limited).
Lt. Commander
# 82
01-31-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcoff View Post
I doubt it will be a problem shortly after launch. The reviews will be poor, subscriptuons will be cancelled and the lines will vanish. I fully expect a few damning reviews to be published next week.
Yup...this could have been an epic success. Instead it may end up being epic failure. Very sad Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 83
01-31-2010, 05:20 PM
I have missed this whole debacle so far today. Not happy personally to hear about it. Hopefully as mentioned above it is just due to 1 server getting something done on it while the other is still running and they are doing it as a prevention measure from having the game go totally down.

I think the bigger issue I am seeing is the fact that this is a new MMO and the game now is at a critical phase from the point of encouraging Life Time Subscribers, and discouraging canceled pre-orders to keeping potential and current customers happy. In my opinion there seems to be a very serious gap in communication to the players overall about the issues at hand.

While many may look at this and say, "crap happens you. can't expect them to tell us everything" may be true to a certain extent. Word of mouth is a powerful advertising tool in the gaming community. A Community Coordinator or something should seriously be looked at to calm the natives (yes round the clock coverage) and to ensure the angst does not rise to the point of causing Bad Word of Mouth to start occurring about the game or how it is ran.

Guess like anything else it boils down to communication and from the overall tone of this thread while people may be able to deal with some wait time and others none at all there is a common theme which is knowing what is going on and how will it effect them over the long haul.

More Communication I think would be welcome by everyone and ease some tensions and cause a lot less spam of multiple threads about the same topic on the forums.

Sorry just my 2 cents worth. Will go back to lurking now.
Lt. Commander
# 84
01-31-2010, 06:29 PM
You all asked for them to be implemented, and now your complaining?