Lt. Commander
# 1 mac user
01-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Ii know this has been asked before, but I cant find it anywhere... can i play this game on any of my new macs?
I want to catch this lifetime thing, but Im worried I wont be able to use it... if not, will you do a mac release later and will I get the same lifetime offer again?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysovereign View Post
Ii know this has been asked before, but I cant find it anywhere... can i play this game on any of my new macs?
I want to catch this lifetime thing, but Im worried I wont be able to use it... if not, will you do a mac release later and will I get the same lifetime offer again?
You can if you run boot camp and install windows on a partition per the program. I am running it that way on my MacBook Pro and it runs fine (well, when the servers are up).
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks, I figured as much, but they didnt mention it anywhere. You like it?gonna go for the lifetime thing? Trying to decide ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Try this thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=76799

Requires some playing about, but looks like people have got STO running without dual-booting Windows.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Your best bet is to install windows. I have windows on my macbook pro and it works better than on my PC. Kinda funny.