Lt. Commander
# 1 Exploration missions!
01-31-2010, 08:07 PM
So,
What's missing in exploration missions? Closure half the time. I mean, we go to a planet, we beam down, find some stuff, and beam back up. What happened to the people??!!!!! Those poor people! And this is pretty normal too.

So, I was thinking that (and this is future content, if anything) the exploration missions should be expanded sometimes. Particularly when there's some people down on that planet or were or there's buildings and they are abandoned!!!! Make them more like the episodic missions except that after you get all the information, that's it that's the end. (though, some of them could make for great future story lines.)

How's that sound?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:08 PM
The thing that bothered me the most about the exploration mission was that I was supposedly heading out into the unknown and inevitably the first planet I come to the person says something like "We requested Starfleet's help ... Thank goodness Starfleet is here ... it's about time Starfleet showed up". Wait a second, I thought this was unknown space??? Why do all these frakkers know my name?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
So,
What's missing in exploration missions? Closure half the time. I mean, we go to a planet, we beam down, find some stuff, and beam back up. What happened to the people??!!!!! Those poor people! And this is pretty normal too.

So, I was thinking that (and this is future content, if anything) the exploration missions should be expanded sometimes. Particularly when there's some people down on that planet or were or there's buildings and they are abandoned!!!! Make them more like the episodic missions except that after you get all the information, that's it that's the end. (though, some of them could make for great future story lines.)

How's that sound?
Not a bad idea
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
The thing that bothered me the most about the exploration mission was that I was supposedly heading out into the unknown and inevitably the first planet I come to the person says something like "We requested Starfleet's help ... Thank goodness Starfleet is here ... it's about time Starfleet showed up". Wait a second, I thought this was unknown space??? Why do all these frakkers know my name?
Yeah, that's kinda weird too.

I think that one could be pretty easily explained, and I think the exploration thing could be solved fairly easy...

I don't know. Maybe they ought to just construct an exploration segment of the game similar to that of the regular episodic missions for the exploring players. I'm not certain how you could justify the pvp of it all, but then pvp isn't justified in exploration missions anyways and worse yet, if you actually wanted to do it multi-player you can't.

I like the genesis system generally. I like the idea. But... maybe this is a place where they should just abandon the grid sector space altogether. Maybe the star clusters should just be more... traveling along in warp and bumping into something. Or better yet, why not have the anomalies pop up in regular sector space instead of going to a star cluster...
Something.

Anything to make it feel more concrete. I hate that the stars disappear after you've visited them
I wish that at least there would be some sort of exploration chart in your log to at least say... I explored this planet and this is what goes down in that his-ouse.