Lt. Commander
# 1 I'm joining
01-31-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm offically joining the "not being able to have a joined trill during headstart sucks" fan club. Was about to make a new Fed character, thinking Engineer officer, and after looking at my choices I decided I'd go with trill... but why make a trill when I can make a joined trill? But I can't, so now I'm joining the band wagon. This sucks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
I'm offically joining the "not being able to have a joined trill during headstart sucks" fan club. Was about to make a new Fed character, thinking Engineer officer, and after looking at my choices I decided I'd go with trill... but why make a trill when I can make a joined trill? But I can't, so now I'm joining the band wagon. This sucks!
welcome to the club, and sadly life. I part of that club two, but we will make it, only a day, and four hour's to go.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 08:10 PM
1 day and 4 hours? Somehow I doubt at the stroke of midnight, the pre-order keys will be mailed out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
1 day and 4 hours? Somehow I doubt at the stroke of midnight, the pre-order keys will be mailed out.
Emailed? chances are it automatic, and it's on D2D's website. question where did you pre-order?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 08:16 PM
I doubt it'll pop up at the stroke of midnight, then. For instance, Steam says it'll be unlocked in 1 day, 16 hours, which is 10am Hawaii time... noon Pacific on the 2nd. I got mine from Atari... one would think if I pre-order via Atari, who is Cryprics big bad Mamma, that they would know I'm payed and I can have my trill... Oh-well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 08:18 PM
Are the Trill traits really that important?

I was under the assumption that any competent player makes an Alien and chooses 4 space traits.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 08:23 PM
<< Joined Trill
At character creation, a player can select Trill as a race. This unlocks special exclusive traits that enhance the character’s abilities. Note that the special abilities are the only exclusive aspect; players are still able to create Trills in the game. However, they will lack the Trill abilities. >>

From the pre-order item FAQ. We don't know what these special exclusive traits are... so who knows. Some people might like "Alien" to show as their race, I'm a RPer, I want it to say my race. Just me, I'm wierd though... and why make a regular trill when I can make a joined trill.... my Symbiont is going to be Odan, so I can talk about Riker memories like they were my own!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDoug
Are the Trill traits really that important?

I was under the assumption that any competent player makes an Alien and chooses 4 space traits.
not really, but that player can't make a character who has a worm living inside of him. ( and no he can't just say he has one, because only trills are BA enough to have one. )