Lt. Commander
# 71
01-31-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixSS View Post
That's what I'm asking, which ship gets how many of each? Tried a search and couldn't find straight answer, except "play game and find out." Loving the game, but looking for answers
http://suricatasblog.files.wordpress...tierchart1.png
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi_Cajun
Odd, i've been playing Engineer/Cruisers since CB lvl43 in CB and 38 in OB. I LOVE my cruisers even the galaxy (except the flaws in the ship model). I'm curious as to what skills you are using to make your science ships a better shield tank than a cruiser. Since, cruisers have more engineer BO abilities we are easily the best tank shield or hull, and can rival or perhaps surpass science ships in healing. My science and tactical BO's don't change much for my setup, but i have a few different Engineer BO's to allow me to fill different roles.
The flaws aren't too bad

Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing my Galaxy for the first time.
She felt massive, and she felt powerful. But the turn rate was so pitiful that I was actually enjoying it!
I was laughing so hard that my friend came over to my computer to see what was so hilarious, and he just stopped dead in his tracks as we watched my Galaxy try to complete a full turn... he just looked at me and said, "Wow... that's a massive turn off right there." And I laughed even harder.

Yes Cruisers have more Engineer slots and have been shown to rival and surpass the Science ship in the support role that, oddly enough, the Science ship was designed to fill...

What skills does a Science ship use that make it a better tank than a Cruiser.
They get 10% additional shielding.
They get a better turn rate, which translates to better shield regen.
They get much better crowd control that doubles as preventative damage abilities.
Access to many of the same skills that the Cruiser gets, Engineering and Sciences Teams.
If they are an Engineer, they also get stuff like Rotate Shield Frequencies and Reverse Shield Polarity.
And they actually get to use their console slots for whatever they want.
Lt. Commander
# 73
01-31-2010, 03:13 PM
I love my cruisers. I don't care if it ends up being the worst ship in the game. I play cruisers because I prefer to keep the game Trekkie. I have mine setup to be shield heavy with lots of shield buffs and rebuffs. I don't intend to tank. I don't play with teams unless the mission requires. I do my own thing. I play to have fun.

Don't get me wrong, when I am with a team, I'm a team player. However, don't ever expect me to play a certain "role". I am here to kill the invaders, not to make friends.

Back to the cruiser thing. I find the turn rates very manageable. I don't have to worry too much about my shields and I do enough damage to satisfy my needs. I can sit outside the scrum and wear the opponent down. Since I sit so far out, I don't have to turn much at all to finish them off with torps. While in combat I am never above 1/2 impulse.

I love cruisers.
Lt. Commander
# 74
01-31-2010, 04:38 PM
You shouldn't need to fill your consoles with turn modifiers just to make your turn rate what you think it should be minimum.

We've all seen in the shows that a Galaxy class can turn 180 is about 10 to 15 seconds generally. The other funny thing is that I've seen a Neg'var turning at a rate that's probably twice as slow as a Galaxy class. I know that this game basically throws canon out the window but still, its like the opposite.

Turn rate should be better if only for the sake of being able to actually control which shield is being hit. And it shouldn't be a chore to fly your ship around. You should love it, you should be excited, not bored and worried that your loot is gonna vanish.
Lt. Commander
# 75
01-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Funk View Post
You shouldn't need to fill your consoles with turn modifiers just to make your turn rate what you think it should be minimum.

We've all seen in the shows that a Galaxy class can turn 180 is about 10 to 15 seconds generally. The other funny thing is that I've seen a Neg'var turning at a rate that's probably twice as slow as a Galaxy class. I know that this game basically throws canon out the window but still, its like the opposite.

Turn rate should be better if only for the sake of being able to actually control which shield is being hit. And it shouldn't be a chore to fly your ship around. You should love it, you should be excited, not bored and worried that your loot is gonna vanish.
Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 76
01-31-2010, 06:32 PM
so it seems cruisers are kind of in limbo right now from everything I have read and researched they don't really feel a solid niche yet and the turn rates apparently make people want to gouge their eye outs.
Lt. Commander
# 77
01-31-2010, 08:31 PM
would science be the best ship at the current time?
Lt. Commander
# 78
01-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I guess if your fleet logo is a swatika, or its named something to the effect of USS Grandmaster or something along those lines will make it pretty offensive.....
This made me laugh. Out loudly, even.