Lt. Commander
# 1 Cardassia!
01-31-2010, 08:35 PM
this may be older news to some of you, but i just found out, and all i can say is: at last!

http://www.warcry.com/news/view/97697-Star-Trek-Online-Cardassian-Faction-Introduced
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Unfortuantely all that article is talking about is the Cardassian NPC faction. Its just lore about them. Its not talking about a player faction.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 08:47 PM
i know, but they have added cardassia to the factions page on the site. the borg, who are also NPC, are not listed. only feds, klingons, cardassia, and romulans. so i'm guessing future expansion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Cardassians will most likely be the first new playable faction. They are listed on the site as a faction, and there is this video on GameSpot. Romulans I would think would be next. This is all speculation of course.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gul_Westfale View Post
i know, but they have added cardassia to the factions page on the site. the borg, who are also NPC, are not listed. only feds, klingons, cardassia, and romulans. so i'm guessing future expansion.
Yeah, I'm not sure if this evidence amounts to them adding Cardassians into the game any time soon, but I do believe I read that they were going to eventually add them as well as Romulans as playable factions at some point. I mean, they're probably talking like 6-12 months from now, but that's something
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellSD View Post
Cardassians will most likely be the first new playable faction. They are listed on the site as a faction, and there is this video on GameSpot. Romulans I would think would be next. This is all speculation of course.
I'm afraid you have that backwards. Romulans are by far the 3rd most popular faction in ST, and every poll on the forums have shown this to be true as well.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majicebe View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure if this evidence amounts to them adding Cardassians into the game any time soon, but I do believe I read that they were going to eventually add them as well as Romulans as playable factions at some point. I mean, they're probably talking like 6-12 months from now, but that's something
WHich means, with any luck, by the time they ad them, the game will finally actually be at a playable state like it should be at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-31-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellSD View Post
I think Romulans will be first, followed by Cardassians. There is a bigger demand from the fans for playable Romulans, much more than for Cardassians.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-31-2010, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
I think Romulans will be first, followed by Cardassians. There is a bigger demand from the fans for playable Romulans, much more than for Cardassians.
They'll both be released at the same time!

Followed, of course, by the Ferengi Trade Alliance and finally...Star Trek Online: Dominion Faction!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks to the alien option some of us are already playing Cardassians :p

Though I would love to play one loyal to the Cardassia Faction!