Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verkon
The game will last a few years easy, all mmo's usually do. How much of a playerbase is another story.
Its completely up to you, but the game will probably be around for a few years.
Try telling that to the people who played Tabula Rasa, Auto Assault, and Earth and Beyond.
Then, of course, there are still the saps who bought the Lifetime subs for Hellgate: London. Cryptic has one of the architects of that little debacle currently working for them. Inspires consumer confidence, doesn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
It was in operation for over a year before the fire. And it only had about a 1/3rd casualty rate. Fire burns up.
Ehh... perhaps I should have said Titanic then

Anyway, all the material about this game presented to the public is very flattering, however once you get into the game you quickly discover there isn't a lot of depth.. I dont expect most people to continue to play for an extended period of time. If your like me you'll probably play for a month and then shelve the game for 6-7 months while they churn out new content.. then come back and play for a month.

I've been doing this with DDO since its closed beta newly 4 years ago.. I think all total I have maybe "played" a total of 5 of those months out of the past 4 years.. and DDO is a game I actually LIKE. STO is currently in need of some serious overhauls before I could even claim I like it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xionanx View Post
Anyway, all the material about this game presented to the public is very flattering, however once you get into the game you quickly discover there isn't a lot of depth.. I dont expect most people to continue to play for an extended period of time. If your like me you'll probably play for a month and then shelve the game for 6-7 months while they churn out new content.. then come back and play for a month.
I am theCorvus and I endorse this statement. Little depth, PVP is a sideshow at best, typical MMO with Star Trek stamped on it.

As long as you understand this you will enjoy your free month. People looking for Star Trek recreated in an MMO are going to be sorely disappointed.

Best thing about this game is it motivated me to purchase First Contact and Wrath of Khan.