Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinlad
Did you also have a replicator and a phaser? Because if you did, I want to join too!

Seriously though....when you go though the "promotion" mission, they should "pin" the rank on your uniform. That would be cool, and very Star Trek.

muffinlad
Nice idea.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Dunno if anyone pointed this out yet in this thread, but you get one free uniform change every time you level.

Also, as far as I can tell, they fixed the problem with other ranks showing....no more always showing Ensign pips.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelclick
Dunno if anyone pointed this out yet in this thread, but you get one free uniform change every time you level.
Well then, seems I found a glitch of trying to go change my new guy's uniform after promotion, and it was costing me 60 energy credits to do so.

I was at Lieutenant and everything, and got jack to show for it. :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelclick

Also, as far as I can tell, they fixed the problem with other ranks showing....no more always showing Ensign pips.
I could be wrong, but in open beta, this was also true for your bridge officers when you can promote them. Haven't reach Lt. Commander yet with headstart so haven't been able to promote any of my bridge officers yet. Either that or I wasn't paying attention to the cost and just wanting to change the gawd awful uniforms the game randomly puts them in. haha
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_no_Chris View Post
Instead of having the costume/tailor Rank dropdown options list as:
None
Ensign
Lieutenant
etc

why not just have 2 settings: NONE or YES? Select "none" and no pips are displayed. Select "yes" and the number of pips appropriate to your current rank are displayed *automatically*. The ability for an admiral to go about wearing an ensign pip is a little silly, isn't it? Similarly, instead of making each Rank unlock a title, how 'bout a Choose Title option of "current rank" that would automatically display the toon's current Rank as their title?

--Chris
Well, there is the question of the RP element involved in wearing lower ranks/titles. Some RP fleets may wish to have their members wear an internal rank, based on their level within their fleet, etc. So I can see the reason why it would be an available option.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Well, since we're talking about uniforms... I think the next time I have an option, I'll try to make my uniform in the game look like Needle's. Looks very nice. =)

I'll see if I get the free tailor session when I level up. Right now I'm Lt Grade 10. Just a bit more to go!
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Whenever you or your BOs get promoted, you should automaticlly have your new pips

But it would be nice to have a pinning animation in the stateroom..
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-31-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simale
Well I can't get any other rank then Ensign to stick to my uniforms. I have the option to pick them but when I do it reverts back to ensign.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█. NCC-92872 .
TMT Fleet▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ TMT...-.... FLEET
Commander JohGeiz th'Shrox▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ TMT..--.. FLEET
Tactical Captain.▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ TMT-... FLEET
U.S.S. Rainbow Warrior.▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ TMT.-- FLEET
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█.. TMT FLEET -.
Yes this appears to still be broken, I can't change to anything other than none, or ensign.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarcoff View Post
Yes this appears to still be broken, I can't change to anything other than none, or ensign.
I had the same issue yesterday evening. The game has not accepted the change and reverted the rang back to ensign automatically after I selected "Lieutenant".

But after I closed the tailor window and reopened it afterwards it worked. Now the correct pips are shown on my uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 06:10 AM
looks like they fixed this. when you get promoted you get a free uniform change. At least I did last night after the last patch. now if they would do the same thing for the boffs when you promote them that would be swell.