Lt. Commander
# 1 Gameplay question
02-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying this game.

Is this game mostley combat related or is there a trading aspect? Or even better can players start colonies, or own property of anyking, other than your ship. Can I be a Ferangi Trader and not do very much combat or is combat essential to this game?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion_LaStar
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about buying this game.

Is this game mostley combat related or is there a trading aspect? Or even better can players start colonies, or own property of anyking, other than your ship. Can I be a Ferangi Trader and not do very much combat or is combat essential to this game?

Thanks
Combat is pretty much the main focus of the game. You have to be a captain in either Starfleet or the KDF. Unfortunately you cannot be a trader or start colonies or anything like that. You get your ship and start shooting. Sorry .

Edit: Bah I made that sound much bleaker than I wanted. What I meant was, if you are looking for the things in your post, this game might not be your cup of tea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 12:26 AM
There ARE diplomacy and other missions that don't require combat, but they're pretty simply done. No real trading, no colonies, etc. You are a Star Ship Captain in a time of war, and that's about that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Bummer

I LOVE >> LOVE >>>> LOVE Star Trek, been a fan for 20+ years now But more into diplomacy, building stuctures, colonies, cities. etc... Buying and Selling to make profit and befriending everyone.. LOL

I want a game that mixes Sims, with WoW with STO with Civilization with Sim City.. hahah.. was hopeing STO might be that game.. lol
I do like combat, I just don't like it being the main focus.. I like it when players can choose there own paths.

bummer

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Yeah, I would've relished at a game that provided ST universe; where I can be a Ferengi arms dealer or something like that. Perhaps spending my days pirating and selling to the mass. Or even the colony idea is nice. A complete starfleet acadamy experience would've been interesting as well. Alas, this will have to do, until a bigger budget and project comes along that can afford taking on such a grandeur task.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Yeah, it would be awsome to be able to develop colonies eventually leading to fully developed planets over a long period of time. Mine and farm resources, build space stations, sell your services to other players, claim territories, etc.. etc.. I'll just have to keep waiting for that game to come along. lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Glad to see I'm not alone in this. Would have been nice to have crafting and bartering at least a secondary focus. After you've had a nice day cleaning the galaxy of the borg with your GalaxyClass starship...hed back to starbase and jump into your mining ship for some relaxation on your favorite planet.