Lt. Commander
Hi Guys, I've only tried Klingons now as I played Feds in CB/OB. I'm doing OK, though I'm still trying to find my place and deciding the skills I'll need for Carrier at the end. I've got the BOs I need, and have put on skills that I think I'll need/use, but I'm still not even 50% sure if there are better ones or if I should be doing something differently.

Basically at the moment I have a Lt Science BO, then an Ensign Engineer/Science/Tactical. I've read the different ships and look to be sticking to BoPs till the Carrier. I'm currently a Lt Commander. As I'm at work I can't tell you all of the abilities but will try to remember most of what my guys have:

Science BO (Lt) - Tachyon Beam I (Rank 9) | Tractor Beam II (Rank 9) | Sensor Jamming II | Gravity Well II
Tactical BO (Ensign) - Torpedo Spread I (Rank 9 I think) | The pattern cast on enemy | The pattern cast on teammate effecting enemy | Don't know
Engineer BO (Ensign) - Emergency Power to Shields I (Rank 9) | Emergency Power to Auxiliary II | Engineering Away Team | That eject warp core or whatever one
Science BO (Ensign) - Shield Transfer I (Rank 6) | Sensor Scrambling II | Don't remember.

I think the above is what I currently have. I am going for a bit of a tank/support role (though not sure if that is right with a carrier) and generally just want to disrupt the enemy and be able to sustain some enemy fire. Could anyone give me some feedback on this and offer any suggestions?

Thanks. Once I get home I'll look and will update what skills I have.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Bump for additional info. Plus was bumped off first page before anyone could reply or read.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 11:43 PM
Bumping for an answer I hope...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 11:53 PM
People will come here just guessing, because no one got a carrier yet.
Are you sure you want to hear those advices?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pibe250
People will come here just guessing, because no one got a carrier yet.
Are you sure you want to hear those advices?
Guessing why? I've read people on the forums who have used it. There was an OB and CB ya know.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Jamming oppenents seems like a good idea. It'd give your fighter wings a chance to close in and do damage. Shield Transfer is a good support skill, as is Science Team. Ideally, you'd want on Officer with Jam Sensors and Shield Transfer, while the other has Scramble Sensors and Science Team. After that, you may want Hull Polariziation and Viral Matrix.

For Tactical, Beta, Delta, and target subsystem maybe?

Engineering Team III, Extend Shields (stacks with Transfer/Science team I think with no Global), and Auxillary to Structural Integrity.

It kind of depends upon if the Carrier has alot of HP though. If it has alot of HP and Crew, it may be better to hull tank, since you really won't be able to manuever the ship to present new shield facings. Naturally, you should work to keep your shields up, but since you're going for support, you won't have very many skills to buff up your shields. Rely on natural regeneration and transfers to mitigate damage to your hull, while also pumping up Aux to compliment Structural Integrity and your support skills.