Lt. Commander
# 1 Why the rush?
02-01-2010, 01:28 AM
we are still in headstart, its not like you are going to get to the end of the game even if you played 24/7 over headstart.

Hey at elast you wont be in Sol when the game goes live, now that will be fun!!

so can someone explain to me why everyone seems to have a massive urge to 'rush' to end game content? why not enjoy the experience?

I have not logged in over headstart (partly due to server issues, mainly due to GF issues and ME2)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 01:43 AM

Some people don't necessarily want to rush. Some people just want to play.

With constant disconnects, its difficult to do so. And now with ridiculously long queues... its like we have nothing better to do with our lives than sit by our computer waiting to get in.

Did we really just pay real money just to wait in line?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 01:47 AM
No, but this is why I am avoiding STO atm, I got a life sub so I am in no rush to get into the game, hopefully it wont be as bad when Launch comes around otherwise there will be a major flamefest happening, this also happening in Headstart is not good,

gonna go to MMORPG and see what people are flaming about over there
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:56 AM
... because they really loved finding bugs in beta and want to pay to do it with the higher end content? :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badem View Post
No, but this is why I am avoiding STO atm, I got a life sub so I am in no rush to get into the game, hopefully it wont be as bad when Launch comes around otherwise there will be a major flamefest happening, this also happening in Headstart is not good,

gonna go to MMORPG and see what people are flaming about over there
YOU, sir, are a wise man in deed! Worst time to play a game is the first week of launch. I'm really glad I won't be in Sol when the next influx of noobs rush in. Don't get me wrong, I love helping the newer plays out by answering their questions and giving hints and such. But by the Gods! There is only SO many times you can explain where the FREAKING ADMIRAL"S OFFICE is before you pop a vessel!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
YOU, sir, are a wise man in deed! Worst time to play a game is the first week of launch. I'm really glad I won't be in Sol when the next influx of noobs rush in. Don't get me wrong, I love helping the newer plays out by answering their questions and giving hints and such. But by the Gods! There is only SO many times you can explain where the FREAKING ADMIRAL"S OFFICE is before you pop a vessel!
Exactly

I havea simple Mantra for MMO games

1) Never expect stability at Launch/Patch or Update days
2) Never book time off work for Launch (since it breaks Rule 1 and will invariably lead to Rule 3)
3) Avoid joining in flamefests on the Forums until at least 72 hours have passed
4) When in doubt, remember what your days is like at work, then double the stress while halving the workload and thats what the Mod's feel like
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 02:19 AM
Rushing in the headstart?

Who knows? But it's the same mentality that made people pre-order a game they knew they would be beta testing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badem View Post
Exactly

I havea simple Mantra for MMO games

1) Never expect stability at Launch/Patch or Update days
2) Never book time off work for Launch (since it breaks Rule 1 and will invariably lead to Rule 3)
3) Avoid joining in flamefests on the Forums until at least 72 hours have passed
4) When in doubt, remember what your days is like at work, then double the stress while halving the workload and thats what the Mod's feel like
I like these rules. If these problems are happening in a week or two then I'll be annoyed. But for now I can put up with it. I've played too many MMOs to not expect this.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain01 View Post
But it's the same mentality that made people pre-order a game they knew they would be beta testing.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not Beta testing anything. I'm playing a game. It's no longer my responsibility to gather information on and report bugs to the Devs. So while I did pre-order after CB ended, I am not "Beta testing" a released game.

I realize it was your weak attempt to trash talk about the game, but it's highly unoriginal and has been said about every MMO at launch. All of them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
Hey, do you know where Memory Alpha is?