Lt. Commander
I have tried yesterday to locate a folder or something on the installation location but I do not see anything to add my own music to. Anyone knows how I can add my music to the game? I am aware that it is possible, but the player tab in game does not offer much information as to the procedure.

Thank you in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 03:41 AM
Go t sharing settings in game I believe, pick the music player you want to use (media player or iTunes), then make sure you have said program open in the background and playing, then you can control it with the in game player
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheonixdoom View Post
Go t sharing settings in game I believe, pick the music player you want to use (media player or iTunes), then make sure you have said program open in the background and playing, then you can control it with the in game player
thats kinda messed up if thats how you use it .. i could juse control it with keyboard buttons or alt tab if i wanted to change something o.- they should put a folder where you can drag + drop music in THEN control it with a in game media player
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 03:46 AM
My keyboard doesn't work with those buttons anymore for some reason and not everyone has a keyboard with them on anyway. It is good because it means I no longer have to alt tab to change it
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 03:47 AM
Thank you both. I will try this later on today and give some feedback.

Good day gentlemen and I bow to your Q wisdom
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 03:48 AM
Do you use iTunes or Winamp? If not then you'll need to get a copy of one of them. After you have a copy then go to the options (probably in Audio, can't remember) and select ITunes/Winamp as the music player.
type /Itunes or /winamp and the music player will popup and will use anything that you have in your iTunes/winamp library.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
I have tried yesterday to locate a folder or something on the installation location but I do not see anything to add my own music to. Anyone knows how I can add my music to the game? I am aware that it is possible, but the player tab in game does not offer much information as to the procedure.

Thank you in advance
Make a playlist in a your media player first.

Then when in-game, either click the down arrow and choose "Music Player" or type /music in the chat window and you will be able to control the music and sound of the playlist you setup earlier.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 03:57 AM
Alternatively since I run STO windowed and with two monitors - Main monitor for STO and the second for apps like iTunes and/or Firefox etc. I'm actually in game right now typing this up. Of course, you can do the same with one monitor with the app windows overlapping or good ol' alt-tab.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 04:03 AM
or you could have media controls on your keyboard (like any keyboard > 10 released in the last 10 years), I know that's what I do, Spottify isn't controllable in STO afaik