Lt. Commander
# 11
01-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Allright, I'm willing to accept that you can be right. You reasoning are sound.
I never had need to do these things before, so could you tell me how I do a tracert please?
I read about t before, but keep forgetting it as I never use it.
Also, any idea what I should be looking for, as I really dont have much knowledge about this

Just find it odd how I now can get as far as the game loading the map, past char selection, and I get "disconnected from Server" during load.
After which I am unable to log back in for an extended period of time.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-31-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
No problems here and for thousands of others too.
I'm thinking it's a routing issue that the small amount of players experienceing this have in common, or it could be their ISP restricting access, as it's a new , pretty unknown MMO.

WoW had the same problem on release, and had to contact various ISP's to change routing settings. Some players even went as far to use paid proxy severs to get a better ping, they still do that now, 5 years later.

As i said, im betting it's an ISP related issue and not cryptics, otherwise everyone would be experiencing this problem.
The servers are crashing because of OUR ISPs?

Tee-hee
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-31-2010, 08:10 AM
Wtb fix for this. : /

After playing for 3 or 4 hrs I get the server not responding and disconnected from server but I am still logged.
Lt. Commander
# 14 answering my own thread...
02-01-2010, 03:53 AM
It seems I am vindicated on a number of points...it wasn't my ISP, it was however the trace-route ping which revealed the ATT routers/swithes/whatever the f*** they're called were having the problem, Cryptic seem to have listened as well, have been playing for 5 hours straight and no probs apart from timing out...very well done Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 04:05 AM
From what little information I can find it seems that ST:O only has 4 game servers.
At the time of all the login queue problems only one of game servers was up.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus_Wrath
Exactly the same all i keep getting is;
" Server is not responding"

C'mon seriously, sort it out upgrade your server im all for everyone on one server if the server can handle it!!! think about when tuesday comes it will be horrific
DO you know how long it takes to upgrade a server? It is not done in a matter of 10 minutes.