Lt. Commander
# 1 Death Counter
01-31-2010, 07:33 PM
Heh I just love the simplicity of this

in liue of a death peanlty have a death counter so everyone who see you will know how many times you've died in PvE

and have a ratio of deaths/kills for PvP

to those it matter to thier number will be very low and it will be a mark of skill to have 0

and to thsoe people who suicide their way to the top who clearly don't care about dying then they won't care about the number either.

perfect solution to those it matters they will feel superior to those to whom it dosen't matter/ don't want a DP they won't care.

problem solved everyone happy.

PvE 0 , PvP 1:2
(never died in PvP and kill 2 in PvP for every death, no there's something to be proud of )

PvE 3'489 PvP -:-
(Gold Farmer):p
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:49 PM
It sucks. I pride myself on not dying. Now I have 1 death on record because of a freak accident where I somehow involuntarily entered a deep space encounter whilst traveling the alpha centauri sector for the first mission that sends you to Memory Alpha (I consider it a newbie mission since it's rated Lt. rank 3). Whatever was in that encounter killed me in the 5 seconds it took for me to warp in and immediately click warp to sector. (Hey devs, we need, nay, REQUIRE, control of our ships at any time that we are vulnerable to attack... hmm?) It looked like I went to warp nice and safe but when I appeared in the sector I was defeated. I don't consider that a legitimate death, there was nothing I could have done. So yeah, thanks devs for the eternal blemish, and please work on those unexpected newbie killers! Here's an insanely original tip - how about a confirm button when going to a deep space encounter? After all, you can die in a heartbeat by warping in to a swarm of enemy ships much more powerful than you, so make sure the player wants to face that possibility maybe?

Or how about, since the death counters are unreliable at best now, just remove them entirely. The 15 seconds wait is penalty enough.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobySlick
It sucks. I pride myself on not dying. Now I have 1 death on record because of a freak accident where I somehow involuntarily entered a deep space encounter whilst traveling the alpha centauri sector for the first mission that sends you to Memory Alpha (I consider it a newbie mission since it's rated Lt. rank 3). Whatever was in that encounter killed me in the 5 seconds it took for me to warp in and immediately click warp to sector. (Hey devs, we need, nay, REQUIRE, control of our ships at any time that we are vulnerable to attack... hmm?) It looked like I went to warp nice and safe but when I appeared in the sector I was defeated. I don't consider that a legitimate death, there was nothing I could have done. So yeah, thanks devs for the eternal blemish, and please work on those unexpected newbie killers! Here's an insanely original tip - how about a confirm button when going to a deep space encounter? After all, you can die in a heartbeat by warping in to a swarm of enemy ships much more powerful than you, so make sure the player wants to face that possibility maybe?

Or how about, since the death counters are unreliable at best now, just remove them entirely. The 15 seconds wait is penalty enough.
no one's perfect

if it menas that much to you then I'm sure the penalty for dying is appropriate