Lt. Commander
So, yesterday I got this mission (L4 I think) where I had to scout around in a cluster "delta volgonis" or so.

Suddendly I hit a star system, but that was not on the map. There were NO star systems on the map.

This is highly illogical. Tell me, please:

* How can something as big as a star system not show up on my sensors? I mean, I know... in 22nd century, vulcan kids had better toys than starfleet ships sensors, but this is 250 years (+ / -) AFTER T'Pol ridiculed the NX-01 sensory equipment

* How am I supposed to find the system again when I finally have the medical supplies

* Is this a unintentional? Please say "yes" or I will be a very sad space saga heroine (ok, I'm a dude in rl, but this is an "MMORPG", m'kay)... :-(

* Same in systems... how am I supposed to identify the second planet? Or finding other stuff?

---

Please, Cryptic, give us navigational and sensory tools. :-)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormianrootsolver View Post
Suddendly I hit a star system, but that was not on the map. There were NO star systems on the map.
If a system spawns on top of you, then yes you won't be able to see it. I've come out of system to have another system on top of me that I can start a mission without seeing it. Just pass that off as a visual glitch.

Quote:
* How am I supposed to find the system again when I finally have the medical supplies
When you come back with the supplies (if you even keep the mission, I personally abort them as soon as I get them.) there should be a little message on the right side of your screen just below your objectives. Should look something like "ContinueSystem Name then some numbers)". Click that and you'll arrive at the system.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 04:50 AM
Quote:

* How can something as big as a star system not show up on my sensors? I mean, I know... in 22nd century, vulcan kids had better toys than starfleet ships sensors, but this is 250 years (+ / -) AFTER T'Pol ridiculed the NX-01 sensory equipment
I think there were episodes of ST with star-systems that were 'hidden' in nebulas (interferance and all that) - but given the fact it's so far in the future I can see your point.

Quote:
When you re-zone into the sector with the supplies you needed, you should have a 'continue x mission' button on the bottom right hand side of screen