Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-01-2010, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronas
Dude, under what rock have you been hiding the last couple months?
Quote:
The game is horribly unfinished. Even Cryptic themselves have admitted that in some last Q&A articles. But that they were forced to launch anyway.
Never has it been stated they were "forced to launch" you find the article, I'll believe you.

Quote:
Just roll a Klingon and tell me if you still think this game is finished?
From what I've seen in interviews, Klingons were never intended to be a full faction, just a supplement for the more hardcore players that prefer PvP. I am glad they are nice enough to add PVE since we asked for it. Some might not have bothered.

Quote:
Ground combat is horrible most of the time, as 70% of the time your NPC crew is stuck in the terrain!
I've had barely any problems with that glitch in headstart. It only really happens when you try to sprint around corners. As long as you only sprint on straight-aways, you'll be fine. The only really problem I have with the ground combat is that the pace is to slow. I'm ok with the shields having the level of hp they currently have, but once the shields go down, it should take a lot less shots to kill.

Quote:
Lot of missions are still bugged. And lot of times I need to retake missions and start all over again.
The only bugged mission I've ran into in headstart was Task Force Hippocrates. I accidentally warped out of the system and now I can't get back in to finish the mission.

[/quote]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-01-2010, 03:33 AM
How about waiting 3 hours to play because Cryptic wasn't smart enough to realise that "Hey there are a crap ton of star trek fans out there that may want to play this game so lets get you know a 100,000 person ready for about 600,000 pre-orders."


Hey left hand, maybe we should talk to the right hand says sales to V.P. of operations or whoever was the person that didn't realise that star trek was popular.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-01-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cramoisi
How about waiting 3 hours to play because Cryptic wasn't smart enough to realise that "Hey there are a crap ton of star trek fans out there that may want to play this game so lets get you know a 100,000 person ready for about 600,000 pre-orders."


Hey left hand, maybe we should talk to the right hand says sales to V.P. of operations or whoever was the person that didn't realise that star trek was popular.
That downtime was to fix a lag issue. Had nothing to due with not having enough servers. They fixed the issue with a patch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-01-2010, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
That downtime was to fix a lag issue. Had nothing to due with not having enough servers. They fixed the issue with a patch.
Are you paid by Cryptic or something? Or even working there?

Never seen someone so desperately defending Cryptic for their screw ups, like you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-01-2010, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronas
Are you paid by Cryptic or something? Or even working there?

Never seen someone so desperately defending Cryptic for their screw ups, like you.
Just stating the facts. They said on the forums that the 3 hour down time was to fix the issue that had been going on all morning with 2 minute load screens. The only reason that it took 3 hours was because they had to make sure no character save data got messed up.

No I don't work for Cryptic. Would have a gold name if I did. XD

Not really defending Cryptic either. I have some complaints with the game myself, but that's the problem when you are trying to make a game for all of us rabid Trekkies. No matter what you do with the game, something that some person wants will always be missing. I think they did a damn fine job of making a game that would appeal to the widest fanbase, especially considering it only 2 took years.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-01-2010, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Not really defending Cryptic either. I have some complaints with the game myself, but that's the problem when you are trying to make a game for all of us rabid Trekkies. No matter what you do with the game, something that some person wants will always be missing. I think they did a damn fine job of making a game that would appeal to the widest fanbase, especially considering it only 2 took years.
That is exactly the whole problem many of us are having.

The fact that they only spend 2 years on it. Means that they DID NOT do a damn fine job at all.

Everyone with more then 1 braincell and who is around long enough, knows that you CAN NOT develop a MMORPG in just 2 years!

A tripple A quality Single player game (like Oblivion, Dragon Age, etc) already take that amount of time to develop.

That's the problem I have with Cryptic. That they don't take their games seriously and treat their games like Single player games.

And spend litterly a TON of money on advertisement (and as less as possible on actually developing the game itself). Just to maximize initial box sales and get as many people to sub for Lifetime as possible! All before the game is even launched.

These kind of development practices and bussiness strategies are EXACTLY how "Single Player Games" Studios operate. And NOT how a MMORPG studio is suppose to operate.

Jer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-01-2010, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronas
Are you paid by Cryptic or something? Or even working there?

Never seen someone so desperately defending Cryptic for their screw ups, like you.
Heh. You sound more like you're paid by Blizzard, than he does Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-01-2010, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
Heh. You sound more like you're paid by Blizzard, than he does Cryptic.
Very funny.

But I wouldn't touch their game. Not even with a 10foot pole. I played it once. Till TBC hits. Then I was out of there and never returned.

Jer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-01-2010, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronas
That is exactly the whole problem many of us are having.

The fact that they only spend 2 years on it. Means that they DID NOT do a damn fine job at all.

Everyone with more then 1 braincell and who is around long enough, knows that you CAN NOT develop a MMORPG in just 2 years!

A tripple A quality Single player game (like Oblivion, Dragon Age, etc) already take that amount of time to develop.

That's the problem I have with Cryptic. That they don't take their games seriously and treat their games like Single player games.

And spend litterly a TON of money on advertisement. Just to maximize initial box sales and get as many people to sub for Lifetime as possible! All before the game is even launched.

These kind of development practices and bussiness strategies are EXACTLY how "Single Player Games" Studios operate. And NOT how a MMORPG studio is suppose to operate.

Jer
The thing that many people always seem to forget is that other MMO companies that have say a 4 or 5 year development have to build a game engine. Cryptic already had one, this speeds things up quite a bit. Could the game have benefit from a slightly longer development time? Sure. But look at from another perspective. This game has been in development since 2004. They wanted to get this game out to us asap before we all lost interest. They also wanted to ride the wave of JJ Abrams new Star Trek movie. I see this as a smart move. I personally like the idea of a lifetime membership and wish I could afford one. Do you honestly think that they are just doing that to rake in dough and then forget about the game. That would ultimately kill their studio. The bad rep would put them out of business. The truth is, they know they have a hit on thier hands an we can expect to see regular updates for quite some time. There are 10 million or more Star Trek fans out there. Depending on how many this game can pull in, it could truly turn into a top MMO. I see these TV ads as a good way to pull in some of those 10 million fans. Especially since SyFy has a viewer base of over a million and Star Trek is quite popular on the network. Playing STO commercials throughout the marathon today is a smart marketing move any way you look at it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-01-2010, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronas
Very funny.

But I wouldn't touch their game. Not even with a 10foot pole. I played it once. Till TBC hits. Then I was out of there and never returned.

Jer
I played for about 3 months after Burning Crusade then for another month last year. The grinding is far to boring for me.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:28 PM.