Lt. Commander
# 71
01-31-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bain_Drago
Its amazing how so many people are unable to respond or disagree with the OP without being rude and insulting. Can't we all just take our aggression out on some Klingons?
In Star Trek, the Klingons take their aggression out on YOU!
Lt. Commander
# 72
01-31-2010, 06:50 AM
Betas ARE for playing the game. You are expected to play the game as you would in release. Only difference is that your expected to file bug reports and attend events. If you are not power leveling, trying to find exploits and creative ways of doing things, you are not helping. Leveling speed is beig watched to tune its speed, exploits need to be passed on to dev just incase they have not caught them already and if you find things are too easy or hard, pass them on for dev to tweak before release.

Only difference between open and close betas are the NDA and who is invited.

Headstart is not Beta, we have the game as it will be at release, it is however pre-release so some things still may change. hopefully it will only be behind the scene load balancing, networking and procedure finalization.
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-01-2010, 04:49 AM
If that counter that popped up every time I sent in a bug report there were well over 500,000 reported bugs. Pretty sure beta players did their job.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-01-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLacey
Ya know, I hate to be the antagonist in a flame war (well ok I guess not really) but I've got to say that if more [edit] actually used Open Beta for it's intended purpose and actually tested the game as well as reported bugs rather than power level or use the Beta as they're own personal "I wanna play the game" time..we might not have so many damn bugs now.

Me? I read every line slowly and took in the story, I tested and tried things in the game to see if they worked or didn't work. I reported umpteen dozen bugs and faithfully did so. I get the feeling many didn't.

Thoughts?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Open beta was used for its intended purpose. Stressing the servers and a free demo of the game.

The bugs with the missions etc should have been ironed out in closed beta and internally.