Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 So release day tomorrow...
02-01-2010, 05:21 AM
I've got a couple of questions/concerns around tomorrow with it being release day.

1, On Friday at HS time there were initial problems with the servers. I believe this was related to people trying to claim their borg captain option from the C-store and that causing significant server load. My understanding is this was fixed by using a work around to give people their borg (thanks for mine!). Tomorrow there are going to be a LOT of people putting in retail keys and I assuming trying to get their release extra bits from the C-store. As such will the C-store handle this?

2, The servers have been in a wobbly state over the weekend. As an EU player I've only been partially impacted and I believe some of the problems are load related as such I suspect the players during US peak times are the worst affected. I'm guessing the number of people wanting to play is only going to increase over the next few days. Is there extra resource coming on line or were only some of the available resources used over the weekend?

The comms from the Dev team is usually good although it was a little quiet later yesterday when there were problems and rather a lot of toys were being chucked out of the pram on the forums around the log in queues. I'd either ask that you tell us why its all going to be ok... or if things are looking a little scary talk to us. My own feeling is that releasing an MMO must be an insanely difficult task so I try to be understanding around significant problems in the early days. Its easier to stay positive and understanding when you update us though (ahead of time).

I'd rather hear now that things might be wobbly for a couple of days for whatever reason rather than hear nothing and be unable to play or know why tomorrow when I get home from work. Seeing the servers down or staring at a log in screen when you don't know whats going on or whether you should be waiting minutes/hours/days can be extremely frustrating.