Lt. Commander
# 1 Trading Bridge Officers
01-30-2010, 08:49 AM
In one of the interviews about "crafting" (and let's not divert to whether or not the Memory Alpha stuff counts, please) it was said that the BO system was actually the most significant crafting piece. That we would train up officers and be able to trade/sell them to other players.

Has anyone confirmed if this works yet? I tried to trade a BO with a buddy on my bridge and I couldn't figure out how.

Now, we are both still Tier 1 (level 5 and level 8 at the time) so that may have had something to do with it.

Anyone have any insight?

I know that people have posted that players have put BOs on the Exchange, but I don't know if those are "unactivated" from quest rewards or the store.

The appeal of the system, I always thought, was that your character would spend points on skills that they would then be able to train BOs on and other players would find those skills desirable.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 08:58 AM
From what I remember reading once you train a BO you cannot trade them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgrissom View Post
From what I remember reading once you train a BO you cannot trade them.
i to have had fun wanting to do this i understand that you can trade BO`s on the exchange as long as you havent used them but i cant figure out how to give them to firends/teammates do you also have to use the exchange for this as i cant seem to find an option to just give them to a friend
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 06:05 AM
how do you list them on the exchange?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz8203 View Post
how do you list them on the exchange?
Open up the "assignments" tab, and drag the unused candidate over into the sell area of the exchange window. It'll then let you set a price.,
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 05:26 PM
But can you simply give a BO to a friend?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Yes, yes you can

Simply click on another player, select trade, and in the drop down at the bottom after all of your items, will be any available BOs.