Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdog
this game is not a MMO its single player what a joke
TOR looks to be KOTOR with PC controlled allies....
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwind
It's still not KotOR III. *grumble*
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakkken View Post
I agree totaly with you because these devs that are currently making games do nothing but copy off each other. SWTOR is nothing but a single player mmo. Its evident from all the releases they have put out that it will be another game like this....no immersion, no depth, no community, rediculous crafting system, and worse of all it will be a grind to get up the ladder then raid and dungeons for the end game. The only game in the future that I am looking forward to is "Infinity Quest for Earth" which is a completely refreshing look at mmo's. In it you can be anything you want to be. There is no limits on your character, no classes, no paths blocked to you. Just like in real life you can attempt anything and build your personality and ship to fit what you want to be. It has no instances and you can fly from ground, to air, to space and back down using real life physics. That game will bust all other games wide open because it will be the first of its kind. The only thing close is the pre cu, pre nge SWG.
Dude The reason I even come to STO is because it seems that I will be able to get things done with few people. That's the appeal for me. Way better than having to wait on 24 other people to get there crap together...
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
I never understood this blind faith in TOR. Yes, BioWare makes great, immersive single-player experiences but they have never -- and I mean never -- handled a MMO title.
funny thing to me is TOR and STO look alot alike to me. Just different universes.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwind
No, only one npc ally at a time. TOR honestly looks like a good mmo from what they've shown that's very story driven. Personally, I'm a fan of both Star Trek and Star Wars. I also love bioware games. While Bioware may have never made an mmo before, neither had Blizzard up until they made WoW. Bioware has shown that they do understand the rpg genre. I'll be playing both games when TOR comes out. That being said, I see a lot of potential in STO and I don't believe it when people say it's a "POS" game. Not to mention the Cryptic team has been really hammering out the bugs and relatively quickly compared to other mmos.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdog
this game is not a MMO its single player what a joke
Bye Bye

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out , You non-constructive buffoon
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
funny thing to me is TOR and STO look alot alike to me. Just different universes.
Yeah, the biggest similarity will be the ungodly instanced game play. Instanced game play to me takes me completely out of the game everytime I have to sit and wait for a screen to load. I play games to be taken away from the real world for a bit. This game always reminds me that I am playing a game. Instanced games can only be played so much until you get tired of the same old crap that is constantly thrown at you. You get bored and then you leave.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyngBills View Post
It's not blind faith...Lucas Arts knows PLENTY about how to handle and how not to handle a SW's MMO...The fact that SWTOR is going to have 5 full years of Development under it's belt before launch should tell anyone they are VERY aware of whet KILLS most MMO's...They know plenty...There is an absolute TON of cash backing that project...They are going to do it right or not at all...Most MMO Devs talk the talk...But over at BioWare Austin they are not just talking...They are going to do it right...Just wait and see...
Ummm... this is part of the company that produced "The Phantom Menace", right?
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyngBills View Post
It's not blind faith...Lucas Arts knows PLENTY about how to handle and how not to handle a SW's MMO...The fact that SWTOR is going to have 5 full years of Development under it's belt before launch should tell anyone they are VERY aware of whet KILLS most MMO's...They know plenty...There is an absolute TON of cash backing that project...They are going to do it right or not at all...Most MMO Devs talk the talk...But over at BioWare Austin they are not just talking...They are going to do it right...Just wait and see...
Lol, Yes Lucas Arts thats the big problem. They know how to make crappy SW games. And Lucas Arts has the lead and tells bioware what to bring us. Look what they did to SWG together with SOE. They made crap out of the best MMo ever. Yes they made a kids game out of SWG with that NGE thing because every ones was crying that it was to difficult to handle and that it was to hard to become a jedi.
Now also SWTOR will be instanced and gues what 1000 of the same Jedi,s/Sith you will see swinging there sabers and tell you over chat how my saber looks. Oh wait they also bring you a best story ever because its bioware. Sure but how many care about stories in a MMO. jeez 75% of peeps playing MMO dont care about stories because they want to level cap in just 2 weeks. They don,t even read mission objectives or maps or manuals.
And also that game will counter alot of problems in beta and headstarts.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 06:27 AM
This thread is not going to go anywhere good.
We love feedback, but it has to be kept constructive if you want to help us improve STO.
locking the thread.
Closed Thread