Lt. Commander
When I am sitting in sector space near a Deep Space Encounter area rearranging inventory or whatever, many times I find myself zoning into the encounter without clicking on the bar or anything. I have also zoned into a system or two if I happen to be moving by it while I had inventory or other windows open.

Is the 'Enter' button too sensitive or something? Not a huge deal, but it is annoying when you are working on something to find yourself zoning.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 12:31 AM
yeah it is annoying lol at least put in an "accept" option but then again i guess it takes away from the random PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Yep, I've had this too. I zone to sector space only to be pulled back into something I don't wanna be in.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 12:42 AM
It's a random encounter; if you get to close you get sucked into it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
It's a random encounter; if you get to close you get sucked into it.
What Kamui said. The little enemy ships flying around the map will come after you if you're low enough level compared to them, and pull you into the encounter. They seem to ignore you if you're higher level than them, at least in my experience.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Just think of it as being attacked by cloacked Klingons ships

Klingon Captain: Drop cloak and fire disruptors!

Klingon Ops: But captain, that's not very sporting...shouldn't we at least hail and ask if they want to be attacked?

Klingon Captain: But we are Klingons! We will strike from a position of power and leave our prey quaking with fear!

Klingon Ops: Sir....you remember the general forwarding that communique on from High Command about the Federation captains complaining about being caught offguard...

Klingon Captain: Oh ok then....open hailing frequencies.

Klingon Captain: Federation captain, this is Captain T'Kurk of the IKS Broken Nose...we are cloacked off your port bow and stand ready to scatter your atoms from here to Greth'hor. Would you like to be attacked?

Federation Captain: Ensign Redshirt, warp 8 engage!

See? Doesn't quite work does it? ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by david26th View Post
See? Doesn't quite work does it? ;-)
Not only is this a stupid anecdotal explanation for something that I and others see as a flaw in the game, it's also not quite right...

I'm not asking for a way to avoid the confrontation altogether, but at least give me a warning, so I can finish my organizing before I click the 'proceed' button to go into the confrontation. Nothing as annoying as suddenly finding yourself in a loading screen when you were swapping your ship's equipment....

Cryptic, if you see this, please implement such an intermediate wait screen.

PS. Cloaked is written with just k, not ck...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I got tired of being ganked in MMOs, so I look around sector space before I start fiddling with things. It just seems to make good sense so I don't get jumped.

Kinda works in real life too.

When it actually does happen to me, I just warp to sector space before I take too much damage.