Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 07:09 AM
As i recall there was a kligon ex-borg in the voyager episode "Unimatrix Zero"
And i certainly never saw any indication of him thinking himself dishonored or anything because he had been assimialted.
In fact he seemed to quite enjoy fighting the borg in the typical way a klingon enjoys battle.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinmeister View Post
Martok was disabled, and he did fine.

Oh please, he lost an eye. Eveyone knows that One-Eyed Klingons are considered "FRIGGING STUDLY". Hell, most Klingon men gouge out their OWN eyes just to score with chicks.

Chicks dig Pirates. Known fact.

If he was skull-humped by a Borg Implant, forced to assimiliate a few of his buddies, and THEN returned to the Klingon home world? I doubt he'd have made it to Chancellor, even as a Pirate.

Though, he would have probably still gotten the chicks.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote
Klingons shouldn't get liberated borg.

Well...I mean, they should, but they shouldn't use them. They should shoot them. In the face.

Why?

Because Klingons wouldn't see a "liberated" Klingon as a FULL Klingon. They would see him or her as crippled, disgraced, or "less" than Klingon. And let's face it, these guys don't exactly have handicapped parking spaces at the local Klingon Wal-Mart. You stub your friggin' TOE and get a limp, and they're pretty much ready to write you off.

So a liberated Klingon? They'd pity them, and be disgusted by them, and then give them a disruptor beam right in the pie hole.

Can a brother gedda KWA'PATH?
I think someone having implants isn't that big a deal now, given that a ton of Klingons worship a 1/4 Klingon chick--in Starfleet, no less--as their savior.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 07:41 AM
We're not talking chasing a hot chick here. Guys of *any* race or species are stupid in that regard. If the Borg Queen had a big enough rack and got loosey goosey after a couple shots of Jager, we'd ALL have eye beams and bald heads.

I'm talking Klingons. The dyed-in-the-wool, honor and valor, killing-me-gives-me-wood KLINGONS.

We need a few of them to chime in on the value of their Borgified Brothers.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Quote:
We're not talking chasing a hot chick here. Guys of *any* race or species are stupid in that regard. If the Borg Queen had a big enough rack and got loosey goosey after a couple shots of Jager, we'd ALL have eye beams and bald heads.

I'm talking Klingons. The dyed-in-the-wool, honor and valor, killing-me-gives-me-wood KLINGONS.

We need a few of them to chime in on the value of their Borgified Brothers.
A 100% fake rack! :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Ahhhh...

But liberated Borgs have been captured in battle - changed - and forced past their will to defy the Klingon code of honor. That alone is grounds for "honorable suicide". No *true* Klingon would allow his or herself to become a slave to the Borg Hive, and those "saved"?

They're detached. Still reacclimating, and are no longer "fully klingon". Which is why you always see eyepatches instead of visors. They are a proud people.

There ARE no Klingon Special Olympics.
Also quoting:
How do things like regeneration, superior vision, eidetic memory and other Borg modifications qualify as a disability? They have been made better, stronger than before.

Liberated Borg Klingons do not need wheelchairs as they no longer even need to sit. Sitting is for the week, non-Borgified Klingons.

You know I kinda agree with both of you guys how about this. The vast majority of Klingon society would share the first view. And there might be splinter sect of radicals that would share the second view. I mean shoot in game there's the main quest thread where a few klingon extremists are out to genetically modify klingons to make the perfect warrior. I'm sure that's not a practice widely accepted but there are obviously some that would twist the warrior code to fit their ends. Liberated borg might fall into the same category.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm pretty sure the first klingon to have interaction with a liberated borg indeed fired a bolt at their pie hole, but... it was absorbed by the shield. The Klingon Borg then growled, backhanded the disruptor out of his attackers hand, head butted the attacker with his enhanced metallic ridges, smiled and used his borg eye to guide his D'k tahg directly into his heart.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
They are Klingon...not Spartans....
Exactly, more like Spartans on steroids with a worse attitude.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tychus_Findley
They are Klingon...not Spartans....
Close enough