Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet membership
02-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Does anyone know if fleet membership is tied to the character or login?

My first character I created, I joined a fleet. Now that the Borg character was enabled, I noticed I am no longer part of my fleet. I know it is not a big deal to get another invite but is this intentional?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awarstalker View Post
Does anyone know if fleet membership is tied to the character or login?

My first character I created, I joined a fleet. Now that the Borg character was enabled, I noticed I am no longer part of my fleet. I know it is not a big deal to get another invite but is this intentional?
Are you new to MMORPGs?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Your character is tied to the fleet, not your login as you say.

Every time you create a new character is empty, no fleet, no skills, etc. If you want this character to join the same fleet you will have to get another invite.

No matter if is the first mmorpg you play, just ask. ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMK View Post
Are you new to MMORPGs?
In fact, I am new to MMORPG's does that make my question stupid??

Thank you Sivious for your response. Like I said, it is not a problem to ask for another invite. I just wanted to know if this was the way it suppose to work.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Are you new to MMORPGs?
You do realize there is another MMO out there where the 'guild' system is tied to the account, right?

To the OP, you would need to get in contact with your Fleet to see if someone booted you, or if it was some kind of glitch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Are you new to MMORPGs?
Are YOU new to MMORPGs? Because some out there are tied to account and not just toon.

OP, see if your fleet gave the first toon access to invite to the fleet. If so then log in to that toon, open the Fleet panel hitting the O button. At the bottom there is a invite block and type in your toon name @ global name in there or ask someone in the fleet to invite your new toon.

Champions allowed for inviting to SG (there version of fleet) even if the invitee wasn't online at the moment. So if you had access to invite, you could invite your own alts.