Lt. Commander
# 1 Recent patch killing my 5870!
01-31-2010, 06:33 PM
I have a 5870 and before the patch today i was getting 90+ fps.
Now im getting 30fps after the patch, and 24 before i upgraded the driver 10 minutes ago.

WHAT THE F*** DID YOU DO THE GAME!!!!!!!

REVERT BACK TO THE OLDER VERISON OF THE GAME!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 10:57 PM
I have a HD5850 running at 950-1225. So i would have about the same performance as you do.

I'm running 2560x1600 @ 4x AA Everything maxed out except shadows. I put those on low to get a bi higher FPS.

I noticed that that the following things have big performance hits:
-shadow quality
-Ambient occlusion
-Set AA from 2x to 4x
-Set AA from 4x to 8x

Especially the AA is strange in other games the performance hit from 2x to 4x is almost nothing. In starsystems with a lot of rocks my FPS will also go down to like 17-24 ish. But most of the time it will be around 35-60.

Ambient occlusion is quite heavy its something like shadows only then with the lighting of objects. And with all those rocks in some starsystems you need a lot of computing power. But i also thought the latest patch i used in the beta had a higher FPS. i dont know what they changed. Maybe they add more Image quality features and we only need to disable those.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 01:44 AM
Also make sure to turn off Dynamic lighting. I have 8 x AA and 16 x AF. Getting 40FPS solid with my 5850.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:55 AM
ive a hd 5970 ang my lowest framerate is about 28 fps
all maxed out in tha game

i thing its just not well programmed, or the engine is just crap......

how it looks like now, it should really runs smooth, but it isnt.....

BTW eyefinity runs not stable, random crashes ingame

PLS if a DEVELOPER read this, make this game running good at 5760X1200
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 07:11 AM
Yeah I'm experiencing this same issue. It seems to be at random locations where I see this huge performance hit that I never saw before. I'm using a Radeon 5770 1GB with latest (10.1) Windows 7 64-bit Catalyst drivers.

Before the last patch, the only time I would dip below 70-90fps on max settings would be in a VERY busy fleet action or when the Borg invaded earth spacedock at the end of OB. I expected a performance hit in those situations, but not dropping down to 25fps when I'm flying through an empty system by myself.

On a plus note, the huge performance drop when opening the skill tree window is gone, but now this...

P.S. altering graphic display settings in game doesn't seem to accomplish much of anything at all.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Ati?
02-01-2010, 03:41 PM
So we are all in agreement here,

KILL THE BATTMAN!

Wait sorry wrong topic,

So this is all cryptic's fault, cause my fps dropped 60fps in one patch, and even on the speed setting im getting 20fps, how is that possible, memory leak or something, because according to afterburner my core is at 100% on speed setting.

I've only heard the 5000 series having trouble with this, can we get some answers to what drops performance 60fps on a top of the line gpu!?!?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 06:51 PM
It could be the drivers. Both ATI and Nvidia have known issues with the latest cards and drivers. Thats why theyre pushing out new builds and hotfixes pretty damn fast lately.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-03-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
It could be the drivers. Both ATI and Nvidia have known issues with the latest cards and drivers. Thats why theyre pushing out new builds and hotfixes pretty damn fast lately.
Read carefully please - he said, it was 60fps before latest patch, and 24 right after it. Now it's 30 AFTER updating drivers.

I also have problem with the latest patch. Can't play any more, because it crashes every few minutes. Had to stick to EVE Online for the past 24 hours - and no, no crashes there. And yes, I have AA off, DL off, PP off, Quality 100%. Shame.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-03-2010, 12:09 PM
The latest patch killed the performance on my 260GTX also... I used to get 60 fps most of the time in space combat before this last patch... now I am lucky to get 30... it pretty much halved my fps... no settings have been changed. I have even reset the video settings and set them back to how they were... still lost about half my fps when in space.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
Yeah I'm experiencing this same issue. It seems to be at random locations where I see this huge performance hit that I never saw before. I'm using a Radeon 5770 1GB with latest (10.1) Windows 7 64-bit Catalyst drivers.

Before the last patch, the only time I would dip below 70-90fps on max settings would be in a VERY busy fleet action or when the Borg invaded earth spacedock at the end of OB. I expected a performance hit in those situations, but not dropping down to 25fps when I'm flying through an empty system by myself.

On a plus note, the huge performance drop when opening the skill tree window is gone, but now this...

P.S. altering graphic display settings in game doesn't seem to accomplish much of anything at all.
Nah, the huge fps drop with the skill tree is not gone... they just hid it... by making your normal FPS what it was when the skill tree was open