Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shizaru
This is a minor problem, but I hope they plan on fixing it. The roving enemy signal contacts. I set course for wherever, go get a drink or use the bathroom and while I'm gone one of those stupid red blobs consumes my ship and I zone into the middle of a battle. Geezuz its like the first episode of Farscape.

It just happened this morning. I'm getting ready for work as I play, I set course for K7, thinking I'll log there. I bend down to tie my boot while the ship moves and blammo! I get sucked into the battle.

Why even bother with the clickable "talk to enemy signal contact"? I can't decline it so why even put it there? Is it too hard to just make it so a ship isn't zoned into it unless the player actually clicks yes?

Is there anything like it on the klingon side? Its irritating.
They are "wandering monsters" they are suppose to do that and I for one perfer it that way. Remember we are fighting a war with the klingons
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Worse then what the OP describes is being repeatedly sucked into the same unwanted combat instance due to lag.

This has happened on several occasions to me, where I get sucked in, warp back to sector space, and before I can even speed away from the red blob, I get pulled back in. This has happened to me several times.

In the end of open beta event, I got stuck in an infinite loop with a Borg cube in sector space due to this "mechanic" and couldn't do anything but log out in disgust (since they were basically overpowered gank-boxes anyhow, I couldn't even attempt to fight them).

Blatant harassment. Please fix this.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 07:26 AM
I hate this "feature" too- I hope they change it so it doesn't automatically suck you in. Sector space is a bit of joke as is- no need making it more annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 07:29 AM
The problem is, for whatever dumb reason, they took away the ability to choose your instance when zoning.

Normally the instance box would pop up and you could click cancel, now you just zone automatically.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 07:29 AM
/signed

I was having problems with this last night. I decided to be friendly and talk on zone chat (kinda nice at 3 AM when all the whiners are asleep) last night, and, since I didn't have anything pressing to do, found a nice comfy spot in sector space to just sit and talk. Next thing I know, I see a loading screen with "Deep Space Encounter". Not cool.

I'm assuming this is how Cryptic's dealing with gold spammers, and afk-ers. You sit in one spot too long and then, to quote a previous statement, "RAAAAAAAGGH K'PLAH PEW PEW" and all that. /dead

EDIT: I also love how for every, even minor, complaint there's always at least one person that doesn't want it changed. Even if it would hardly impact their gameplay, they are still against it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 07:31 AM
If you are going to keep this feature in "as is" - which I think is a horrible idea - allow those of us with cloaking abilities to travel around the sector maps cloaked so these encounters won't follow us.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCoyote
Also?

"Draining the Lizard" on TOS usually left about 6 red shirts dead, and at least ONE person with all of the salt sucked out of his body.
I truly laughed out loud on this comment. My wife came in to see what was going on.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyklingon
i agree it's annoying. also i've noticed them actually following player ships around, waiting for them to slow down so they can gank the player in sector space.

I like the fact that they do this. Gives a little bit of danger on the sector map.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Klingon Officer : Captain, we have a Federation Miranda Class frigate on sensors.

Klingon Captain : Have they detected us?

Officer : Unknown, theyre just sitting there.

Captain : Hail them!

Officer : No response, passive scans show the commander is taking a leak.

Captain : S**ew this honour business, pewpewing AFK people is better than no pewpew, get around their back and prepare to drop cloak then fire all disruptors and torpedos, full spread..
Lt. Commander
# 30 Hide out on the bridge!
02-01-2010, 08:46 AM
The random encounters can be irritating while traveling, but if you need to AFK and aren't enroute anywhere, just head to your ship's bridge.

You're free to stand around, ogle your bridge harem, and mess with skills, inventory etc. without unwelcome interruptions. If you're heading to the bathroom, sit your toon on the "Captain's Chair" too. :p