Lt. Commander
A couple of features I'd like to see added to the game...

Uniforms are basically pointless from what I've seen. You spend most of your time in a body armor suit and it looks absolutely nothing like the uniform you spent time/money on setting up. Couldn't the body armor be automatically tweaked to follow the uniform model you set up for you and your bridge crew? Or what's probably easiest, don't show body armor on your avatar's at all, just have their abilities as part of the stats.

I've been having a little trouble with making screen shots, especially when it comes to including the bridge crew. The are always facing some odd direction, too far apart, or some other effect that rather kills the group photo you're hoping for. If I flag a BO to stand at a particular location, the location icon appears on screen and remains even if the HUD display is turned off, can this be changed so it does't display if HUD is off also?

Would also love to see some more /emote commands to make things easier. Perhaps something like /groupphoto or /grouppose or something to get the officers to huddle up and all face the same direction as the Captain? Let's have even more fun by adding in some variations, perhaps adding a /grouppose 1-9 feature where option 1 one of the BO's uses bunny fingers behind someone, option 2 is a serious scene, option 3 is a human pyramid, etc... etc... Might be cool to somehow allow the player to assign poses for shots... etc. The Holodeck might be a great place to pick screenshot backgrounds. Anyways... some ideas to get things started.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 07:52 AM
OP, something I only found out about 30 mins ago: you can hide your armour by right clicking it and select the Hide option. Thus the Starfleet costume you spent some time customising will be shown instead.

Well done Cryptic for this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Also for the OP, the PrintScreen key will automatically take a screenshot without any HUD at all, and I believe that includes overlays like the rally point marker.

I hope that this is all well-documented in the printed manual that comes with my box copy--Cryptic really did put some helpful commands in the game, but they aren't very widely known. Not that anyone reads manuals anyway...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
OP, something I only found out about 30 mins ago: you can hide your armour by right clicking it and select the Hide option. Thus the Starfleet costume you spent some time customising will be shown instead.

Well done Cryptic for this.
This! Very cool when I saw it described in chat.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Also, you can bind a key to take screenshots WITH the UI:

/bind b screenshot_ui_jpg

if b is the key you want.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 10:18 AM
That's great about the uniforms, no waiting... I like that.

Now about those emotes...