Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda
Did you just make this up off the top of your head?

They stated specifically that you will NOT have the option of creating a regular trill once the DDE key is attached to your account.

All Trill you make after you add your Digital Deluxe key to your account will be Joined Trill.
Where did they say that at could you link it for me?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSoda
Every bonus we get EXCEPT the joined Trill is given at game launch.

You aren't making sense. Is it just me?

Every bonus? (Referring to the custom costumes, ship items, borg bridge officer etc) except Joined Trill is given at game launch (February 2nd)

That's how I'm reading your sentence.

You get the joined trill at the EXACT same time you get all those bonuses. You input the retail key that you are being emailed TOMORROW if you bought the Digital Deluxe Edition and then you login and can instantly make JOINED Trill characters to play with and have all the bonuses (Costumes/Ships/Officers/Weapons) that come with whichever Digital Deluxe you purchased.
The point I'm making is that the character I've been working on since the launch of the head start isn't going to get the bonuses I was expecting to get at the launch of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurMan667 View Post
The point I'm making is that the character I've been working on since the launch of the head start isn't going to get the bonuses I was expecting to get at the launch of the game.
Headstart is not the "launch" of the game it is just a bonus for preordering allowing you to play a few days before the game "Launches" so when the game does launch you will get those bonuses at the launch of the game.

The joined Trill is not a preorder bonus it is a feature of the DDE.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
I don't see how this makes sense to everyone. Every bonus we get EXCEPT the joined Trill is given at game launch. Is it too much to ask for the qualified players to have their characters changed from a Trill to a Joined Trill?

And don't say it is, because odds are a single line of code is all that establishes a character's race.
I still say that being as the Joined Trill was a major screw up by Cryptic Marketing dept. This is the ONLY bonus that really affects the players ability to use Head start. All you other bonus people can apply the bonus to your head start Character on Feb 2 with NO penalty (well..maybe the STO conny class starship..being as almost all will have moved past the T1 ships...but still does not affect your character.).

I say Cryptic give all Joined Trills a one level UP in rank when you make them. This would make up for all the time we COULD have been leveling our Character, but now have to be stuck in Noobsville listening to all the "Where is Sulu" questions again.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWinkie View Post
I still say that being as the Joined Trill was a major screw up by Cryptic Marketing dept. This is the ONLY bonus that really affects the players ability to use Head start. All you other bonus people can apply the bonus to your head start Character on Feb 2 with NO penalty (well..maybe the STO conny class starship..being as almost all will have moved past the T1 ships...but still does not affect your character.).

I say Cryptic give all Joined Trills a one level UP in rank when you make them. This would make up for all the time we COULD have been leveling our Character, but now have to be stuck in Noobsville listening to all the "Where is Sulu" questions again.
I wholeheartedly agree. This would solve my issue, even if we were given a standard issue tier 2 ship with no consoles and a random crew.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
Where did they say that at could you link it for me?
The forums were wiped so any dev posts are likely lost in the void

I can just ask you to trust me, or try it out yourself tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Yup unfortunately can't morph trills into joined, so I made a throwaway alien but I think I'll keep it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
Headstart is not the "launch" of the game it is just a bonus for preordering allowing you to play a few days before the game "Launches" so when the game does launch you will get those bonuses at the launch of the game.

The joined Trill is not a preorder bonus it is a feature of the DDE.
Sorry I cry BS here. If the casual player, or player that bought the game just read the Atari description, they make it seem like you get ALL bonus items AND a head start. If you can point out where they say otherwise (below is a cut and past directly from the sales page) then I will give you a cookie.

NOTHING about a seperate Pre-order key and actual LAUNCH day key. And if you read what I have BOLD UNDERLINED and in Italics it makes it seem like you get this at pre-order. See I read the FAQ posted here AFTER I already orded the game. I then tried to cancel it and UPGRADE to the Collectors as soon as I read it...Atari said NO. This is false advertising Period...end....

Pre-order offer:
Pre-order now and receive guaranteed access to the open beta, and access to the head-start weekend. Beta begins January 12, 2010 and runs through January 26, 2010. Head start will begin on January 29, 2010, and runs through launch.

Pre-order customers receive a registration card (or email) calling out the offer and delivering a UNIQUE code which will flag their account to receive all pre-order content. All bonus items and perks are non-transferable, non-tradable, and non-saleable items.

Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe exclusive in-game items :

"Joined Trill" - a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience.

Original Star Trek Uniform Set - Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).

Exclusive "KHAAAN!" Emote - An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk's unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry: "KHAAAN!"

Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote - Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture - the blood wine toast.

Unique Registry Prefix - Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.

Unique Ship Item - Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Winkie, I knew about it for two months. Doesn't mean I'm any happier with the situation - just means that you didn't look into it or how it worked. I wanted to know what bonuses the Joined Trill actually came with. All the information was there.

Accepted the fact, leveled fast in beta then took a few days off so I can make my character tomorrow when we get our retail keys.

Edit: It sucks that people will be Admiral and lots will be Captain by the time we make our characters.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree. This would solve my issue, even if we were given a standard issue tier 2 ship with no consoles and a random crew.

Agree....Im almost to the point my my Regular Trill that I started as a throw away, I may just keep him (Almost Lt. Commander). I will have to look at the bonuses again and wiegh my options.

Thing that sucks is all my fleet mates are not Lt. commander and above, so Im going to have a lot of work to do to be able to catch up with them... and flying against +12 ships in my little Light Cruiser is not fun.... one hit and I go BOOM.