Lt. Commander
# 1 A plea to Crptic Devs!!!
02-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Please dont stop improving the game after launch. Yes yes, I know you have "promise much more" but I am serious. And more specifically I am talking about improving GAME MECHANICS. Not just adding more generic quests or "new content".

Please take the concept of how Eve Online does their game. They are not scared to implement entire new systems or replace old ones. I really think your engine is really going to limit what you can do, and was the single biggest mistake for this game.

Im not sure if anyone important will ever see this. And to be honest I doubt my expectations will be met, as it seems from your prior MMOs history you dont do much after launch of a game. There is a lot more I would like to say but dont want to rant. Just PLEASE PLEASE dont stop improving the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soradon
Please dont stop improving the game after launch. Yes yes, I know you have "promise much more" but I am serious. And more specifically I am talking about improving GAME MECHANICS. Not just adding more generic quests or "new content".

Please take the concept of how Eve Online does their game. They are not scared to implement entire new systems or replace old ones. I really think your engine is really going to limit what you can do, and was the single biggest mistake for this game.

Im not sure if anyone important will ever see this. And to be honest I doubt my expectations will be met, as it seems from your prior MMOs history you dont do much after launch of a game. There is a lot more I would like to say but dont want to rant. Just PLEASE PLEASE dont stop improving the game.
The risk with the "new systems" concept is that if it works, you lose people who don't like change but have the chance of gaining new people over time. If it doesn't work, you're the new Star Wars Galaxies.

From a developer standpoint, you're damned no matter what you do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
The risk with the "new systems" concept is that if it works, you lose people who don't like change but have the chance of gaining new people over time. If it doesn't work, you're the new Star Wars Galaxies.

From a developer standpoint, you're damned no matter what you do.
I have to agree with you here. People by nature resist change.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Well my overall message is dont go static once the game releases. And if possible implement new changes that are fun for the majority.