Lt. Commander
# 1 Tribbles, Vulcans, and you !!!
01-31-2010, 06:34 PM
So this is a minor point, but just like to put it on notice:

I gave one of my male Vulcans a Tribble. He does seem to like it and he scratches it lovingly and coos at it, just like any emotional race would.

I think the animation should be changed for this (and any android/android-stances, assuming you add that back in-game, although I do understand it is now labelled "jittery" or some such). Vulcans (and any other semi-non-emotional race) should pet their tribbles in a calm manner, different from the rest. It can be tender, but not so much passion and "coochie-coochie-coo" action in it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-31-2010, 08:04 PM
I gave my Vulcan tac officer a tribble during open beta. And she loved to pet her tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-31-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold-Rush View Post
So this is a minor point, but just like to put it on notice:

I gave one of my male Vulcans a Tribble. He does seem to like it and he scratches it lovingly and coos at it, just like any emotional race would.

I think the animation should be changed for this (and any android/android-stances, assuming you add that back in-game, although I do understand it is now labelled "jittery" or some such). Vulcans (and any other semi-non-emotional race) should pet their tribbles in a calm manner, different from the rest. It can be tender, but not so much passion and "coochie-coochie-coo" action in it.
*GASP*

I assume you have not seen a Tribble on the TV show. It isn't the officer making coo-coo noises. It's the Tribble!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobySlick
*GASP*

I assume you have not seen a Tribble on the TV show. It isn't the officer making coo-coo noises. It's the Tribble!
Oh, I've seen and heard it. I don't mean the tribble making sounds, I meant the Gesture/Action of the one petting it. (Or maybe you be pulling my leg? :p ). If you look at any BO petting their tribble, it is easy to imagine the BO's softly saying, "Kootchie-Koothie-Koo" or some other type of baby talk used on pets, ("Who's a good boy? Yes you are!" )
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 05:33 AM
I think you underestimate the extreme tribbleness!
I heard roomers that a vulcan leutenant in the Eridani sector was incarserated in sick bay.
He had a tribble for some time, and went into some crazy panvar thingy because of it.
But this wasnīt the thingy you can get rid of, with a hypo, meditation and a holdeck visit.
Oh no sir! He went on a cuddle amok run!
Since then, by Starfleet order 7523 slash c, corner 11, point 8, vulcan personel with a tribble, are to be apprehended emediatly and mindmelted by a fellow vulcan. For security reason, and to contain the cuddle frenzies all over the quadrant.
Well thatīs what i heard however.
So your goin to the Tribble deck later on?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 05:44 AM
During beta I had tribble overload. Now I haven't received a single one yet.

My crew's feeling so lonely.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 05:55 AM
Yes tribbles are hard to find in some missions but rest assured they reproduce fast

I just requested for 1 on open chat and someone gave it to me

Now 1 days later they have become 2 .Sure they must have multiplied more by today
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 06:01 AM
MMMMmmmmmm Tribble and Dumplings. This will hold me over until the rest of you become borg bodies.

Then it will be YUMSKI day and I will eat all of you. You're all a bunch of filthy space aliens. I will eat your tribble, give it to me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 08:54 AM
I gave my klingon science officer a tribble and she likes it
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealance View Post
I gave my klingon science officer a tribble and she likes it
She might like it, but technically speaking it should -not- like her.