Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 931
# 31
08-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Obvious is subjective. Some of us see that "the obvious" is tier 5 ships not being obsolete because CaptainGeko assured us so.
They also assured us there would never be a T6. Just like they assured us they weren't going FTP. Just liked they called it a Galaxy 'reboot' then made no changes to the Gal-R. They've done and said plenty over the years that leaves me unable to just take their word for it, because their word isn't worth much anymore.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,744
# 32
08-07-2014, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
There's reason enough to relax even without knowledge of the bugship promo.
Such as ... ?
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."

- former CIA, NSA chief Michael Hayden -- your guide to F2P ...
Captain
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 514
# 33
08-07-2014, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler2 View Post
In the meantime, people want their Holy Bugship for bragging rights. *shrug*
Nope just for the hangar pets in my case so I can finally finish my JHDC build.
Anyone I see bragging about having a bug in chat these days is usually rebuffed by someone listing the better escorts we have now.
Ingame handle :@groomofweird Toons: Fed: Ben (Tac), Doctor Ben(Sci). RomFed: B'ren (Tac).Fleet: Strikeforce Delta 1. Klingon: Ber'ock (Tac).Fleet: KDF Battlegroup Delta 1.
"If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,394
# 34
08-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
Players: "We want info!"

Cryptic: "Okay, here's some info!"

Players: "I don't believe you because you released false info before!"

Seriously. Dial the cynicism down a notch or just stop posting on the forums.
Wait, what info have they given? I've not seen anything posted yet that wasn't already said in Vegas. Which just amounts to:

- There's an expansion coming.
- There's a new tier of ships coming.
- That tier will be awesome, you'll want those new ships.
- But somehow through the use of magic, the old ships you already have won't be left behind.

Still waiting on the "Okay, here's some info" part.

My cynicism can't even begin to start since there's NOTHING to go on.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 847
# 35
08-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Bug ship promo could be proof they arent going to buff lockbox/prize ships.

Get their money one last time kind of thing...
Free jkname.

Career Officer
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 795
# 36
08-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by groomofweird View Post
Nope just for the hangar pets in my case so I can finally finish my JHDC build.
Anyone I see bragging about having a bug in chat these days is usually rebuffed by someone listing the better escorts we have now.
And I just want the Bug ship because... I like the Jem'Hadar, and I like the ship. And I got it tonight.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 208
# 37
08-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeitis View Post
Actually, that was his exact words.

"Nothing you have will become obsolete. Ships, gear, nothing."
And actually that is an obvious lie. MK XII gear can only be not obsolete if XII = XIII = XIV which would be kinda pointless...just sayin


And yes, I also believe its an "Get their money one last time kind of thing..."

T'Pwn Vulcan, Mobius Temporal Destroyer ~ Lyrion Tannister Alien, Tholian Recluse Carrier - "Hear me roar!"
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 415
# 38
08-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwashington View Post
I wonder how many people will bother getting the bug ship though. After all, we don't know if special ships like it will be allowed to be upgraded to ~T6.
it's very likely that the lockbox ships will be upgraded to T6. After all, they were all retroactively upgraded when fleet ships were first introduced. And seeing a key sales make a major part of Cryptic's income, I don't see how that can afford not to.
PWE Community Manager
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 931
# 39
08-07-2014, 06:19 PM
Just to alert anyone who has not seen the OP Blog update that Trendy just put out, here is the info added to the JHAS promo.


"With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, owners of this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost."

Hopefully this helps!

~CaptainSmirk
Trevor "CaptainSmirk" | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter: @trekonlinegame | "Like" us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter: @PWECaptainSmirk
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, please file a "Forums and Website" support ticket here.
Career Officer
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 795
# 40
08-07-2014, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
Just to alert anyone who has not seen the OP Blog update that Trendy just put out, here is the info added to the JHAS promo.


"With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, owners of this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost."

Hopefully this helps!

~CaptainSmirk
YAAAAY!!!!

As a proud owner of a new Bug Ship... THANKS guys!!!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:36 PM.