Lt. Commander
# 31
02-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE_LoD View Post
Which game are you playing?
Go away troll. All of your posts are just riddled with negativity about this game. If you don't like it, no one will cry as you leave....guaranteed.

EDIT: To the OP, I think the mission structure is pretty good, with the exception of mission progress. I had to log out in the middle of a mission (had 2/5 squadrons killed) and I had 0/5 when I logged back in. Almost as though the mission is like an instance/dungeon; but the assignment itself seems to sync with the instance...
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNemesis
Go away troll. All of your posts are just riddled with negativity about this game. If you don't like it, no one will cry as you leave....guaranteed.
He's admitted that his goal here is to provide a negative spin against people who actually like the game. I'm hoping the mods give him a vacation.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOfPrey View Post
The missions are extremely boring.
If you don't read them, yes. I've played a number of really amazing missions. Very Trek!
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treboran
He's admitted that his goal here is to provide a negative spin against people who actually like the game. I'm hoping the mods give him a vacation.
Wow, can anyone say "Get a life?"

I guess at least he'll be gone tomorrow since you have to be a paid subscriber as of Feb 2...
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
Seriously the mission system is amazing.
When i think about going back to other mmo's and doing missions ....ugh

Oh and this is the first MMO ive played where i enjoy teaming up, and the game does it for you!

Anyways good times, and i got Lieutenant comander, *hugs new cruiser*
I completely agree, best mmo ever for making everything fun. I have played a lot of mmo's and this one does stand out by far. A lot of nice innovations. Auto grouping PVE, PVP queue, Fleet Actions and I could go in forever.

I can't wait for my cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treboran
There is a difference between a negative spin and my point of view. You all are touting this game in a light it does not deserve, I am toning that down some. Most of you are easily pleased but that is expect as games have been dumbed down as of late and they are only going more so in that direction. Those who are looking for a game with substance, well, this game is not for them. If you are looking for mindless hack and slash but more pew and pew since its in space, then this game is for them. It is Guild Wars or Diablo in Space, nothing more.

Just because you dont agree with me doesnt make me a troll, I dont call you all brown nosing trolls, fan bois or Troll Bois because you keep kissing their kiester.

I am keeping it real. I am giving that other point of view, that other point of view that is needed so someone can make an informed decision.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
I don't recall calling you a troll. Simply that you have admitted in other posts that you don't like the game and seem to be on some crusade to "save" people from it.

I don't recall giving my opinion of the game on this forum at all, so assuming I'm a "blind fanboi" is bad logic on your part.

For what it's worth, I'm enjoying the basic play. It could certainly use much more fleshing out and I don't know how long I'll play. But it's far from a bad MMO...I've played them and know a steaming pile when I see one.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE_LoD View Post
There is a difference between a negative spin and my point of view. You all are touting this game in a light it does not deserve, I am toning that down some. Most of you are easily pleased but that is expect as games have been dumbed down as of late and they are only going more so in that direction. Those who are looking for a game with substance, well, this game is not for them. If you are looking for mindless hack and slash but more pew and pew since its in space, then this game is for them. It is Guild Wars or Diablo in Space, nothing more.

Just because you dont agree with me doesnt make me a troll, I dont call you all brown nosing trolls, fan bois or Troll Bois because you keep kissing their kiester.

I am keeping it real. I am giving that other point of view, that other point of view that is needed so someone can make an informed decision.
I wouldn't call myself a fan boy at all, and I'm certainly not kissing their feet either. I may have a lifetime subscription, but that's because it was financially the right move, plus I'm hoping that over time this game will get better and better.

Now, on the other hand, you sir seem to be a little bit out of line with all the negativity. If there is one thing I can't stand about people today, is the constant demand for perfection. If one little problem pops up, then it come up "OMG DONT BUY THIS ITS FULL OF BUGS"...especially with PC games it is especially difficult to figure out all of the different configurations and settings that will make it run like clockwork on most PCs. All MMOs have hiccups during launch; hell I remember when World of ******** servers were down for DAYS at a time when new content came out. Oh, and look; they still have over 12 MILLION subscribers. Just because it isn't the god mode for MMORPGs doesn't mean that it shouldn't be played.

I also don't think you're being fair to STO by saying that it's mindless hack and slash and the fact that it's not an MMO and not a game with substance. You state things like they are fact, when 'in-fact' they are your opinion. If you want to slander the internet with your "I think STO sucks", fine. But don't say "Don't play this game because it has no substance." Say it like it is your opinion. I happen to find that the game is pretty fun overall so far. I'm not even level 5 and when I get home from work you betcha I'm logging on to blast some more ships into the next quadrant.

Sometimes, games are about nostalgia too, and I think that this is one of those games. It's not like WoW where you only have books that were written about the series; you have TV shows and movies and cartoons and fan fiction that goes back almost 50 years. Trying to come up with a game that puts all peoples expectations as the first priority...well that's not an easy thing to do. The customization that this game allows you to do, I've never seen it in another MMO. And the ability to team up with other players and fly your ship around is very cool. When I played Spore I always wished I could team up with another player since it reminded me of Star Trek. Sins of a Solar Empire was the same way. Epic space combat; shallow ship gameplay (I didn't have enough control over my big starships like in this game)

You can flame all you want, but the true fans of Star Trek won't be slighted by your overworked attempt to get people to dislike this game