Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Up until today, I've been very patient, and have been excited for the release of STO bringing possibly a bigger fanbase than we could have ever dreamed about. This thread/post is about second-guessing my preorder, prior the day before its' launch. But from several sources and many people who complain when the server is down. I was hoping by up to today that Cryptic would at least have dealt with these servers by now. They have literally have been hush-hush about what the problem was, to at least silence some people. But nada. I made this post to see if anybody has done or is thinking about canceling, just by curiosity and not for trolling. I appreciate any insight I can get from other posters, but please don't make it a mess... Please?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadratis View Post
Up until today, I've been very patient, and have been excited for the release of STO bringing possibly a bigger fanbase than we could have ever dreamed about. This thread/post is about second-guessing my preorder, prior the day before its' launch. But from several sources and many people who complain when the server is down. I was hoping by up to today that Cryptic would at least have dealt with these servers by now. They have literally have been hush-hush about what the problem was, to at least silence some people. But nada. I made this post to see if anybody has done or is thinking about canceling, just by curiosity and not for trolling. I appreciate any insight I can get from other posters, but please don't make it a mess... Please?
Civilized you say? Discussions about this subject always seem to turn into epic wars...
People should be patient. The first weeks of a game are always crap.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Cryptic has given out information, it's just buried by the replies.

They also apparently said this in IRC:

<Cryptic_Rehpic> just so you guys know, the problems that we have been seeing the last 2 days are all software bugs that only show up under high load. The good thing is that the solution is a software fix, not the need for more hardware. Obviously I can't predict what will happen on tuesday, but the problems so far do not require additional hardware to fix. And by the way, we did add a bunch of new...
[12:34] <Cryptic_Rehpic> ...machines at the end of open beta.

Now, that's a paste from someone who was apparently there, so I can't prove it. What I do know is that as yesterday went on, performance for me got better and was downright pleasant by Sunday evening EST.

I can't speak for today (since I'm at work) or how it will run tomorrow (my guess is we'll see a host of new problems from load) but apparently, it's not gonna be fixed by throwing more hardware at it...which is good.