Lt. Commander
So I am making this post as I sit in what is now a 20 minute long PvP match. Here is a link to a thread and screen shot of the chat. http://gamesnafu.com/smf/index.php?topic=967.0 (right click and view for larger pic)They are just staying cloaked and refusing to fight.

WE NEED TIME LIMITS ON PVP MATCHES CRYPTIC!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 12:18 PM
cant read the text in the screen shot . always going to have douche bags on eitiher side . i keep running into feds that wont fight either , they come into the match and ball up then when we acctually win an engagement 2 or 3 of them leave the match .
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashe59 View Post
cant read the text in the screen shot . always going to have douche bags on eitiher side . i keep running into feds that wont fight either , they come into the match and ball up then when we acctually win an engagement 2 or 3 of them leave the match .
Because you, like the other Klingon scrubs I see on our side, will hide, cloaked, forever, not wanting to attack and maybe get killed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 12:48 PM
That screeny is QQ from 5 feds because I would not die.

Had 5 cruisers balled up for 45min crying like they caught me with their old lady. I was uncloaking, attacking then bolting out of range. They refused to even think about going after me, but boy did the QQ flow. So yeah we "griefed" them because the scrubs refused to move for 45 min.

Pretty Nub QQ though very unoriginal. They stuck with the tried and true, "You've been reported for griefing" and the dreaded "Im going to post on the boards" QQ, *shiver*.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Er ... meh?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnality
Because you, like the other Klingon scrubs I see on our side, will hide like little *****es, cloaked, forever, not wanting to attack and maybe get killed.

Pathetic.
I hate that. I play Kling and the one thing that annoys the **** out of me is when 5 klings are looking at 3-6 feds and dont attack. So I attack thinking they will join in but they dont. So i EM+EB to try and pull the feds apart but the klings dont jump in. Then I die. And NOW the stupid klings uncloak and attack 5 different targets (normally all cruisers).

WTB Kling t2 pvp group with half a brain.

P.S. I am the "get it over with" type for matches with only me vs 10 feds. If the match isnt going to happen...why slow it down and waste my time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 12:55 PM
I know what you are talking about with feds leaving BGs i had a match earlier today that had 12 different Feds join the match only 2 had more than one death.

and our entire group of nothing but BoPs never cloaked after the first engagement.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Sometimes the best way to get an opponent to make mistakes is to make them wait and have to think about what's going to happen next. That, and foolish people running headlong into a Feddy Bear ball isn't too smart.....
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 12:56 PM
It is a good day to die! (anyone?).

The problem here is that people want to Win no matter what, instead of simply wanting to fight, so they play it safe, but a Safe Victory is not a real Victory in my book...because this is a game..it is not reality you lose nothing, why be so obsessed about the Win?

Live long, fight hard, and Prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
It is a good day to die! (anyone?).

The problem here is that people want to Win no matter what, instead of simply wanting to fight, so they play it safe, but a Safe Victory is not a real Victory in my book...because this is a game..it is not reality you lose nothing, why be so obsessed about the Win?
The problem would be because there is no incentive for dying. Meaning the objectives of most maps (even to an extent the capture maps) is to kill the other side. If winning is defined by who kills the most, everyone will build their characters to avoid death (be it Klingons or Feds) and tactics will be based around the fewest losses.