Lt. Commander
As i go further in game i get let down over and over again by missions and many other parts too. Why do i need to destroy everything? Why cant i scan for those dilithium crystal in a certain system? Why cant i have peaceful solutions to problems? Why cant i disable enemy ships?

I am all the time giving it a chance and am trying to get myself assured that there will be these vital Startrek aspects in the future but every person has limits to their partience..

And in such point everyone will either quit or want some reassurance that game will be developed further in these areas.

Startrek is not about killing everything but rather finding solutions to prevent violence. And yes there is also need for batle every now and then.

Players have their ability to have combat now. It would be time to add other aspects as well in near future.

Thank you, feel free to troll
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaPel
As i go further in game i get let down over and over again by missions and many other parts too. Why do i need to destroy everything? Why cant i scan for those dilithium crystal in a certain system? Why cant i have peaceful solutions to problems? Why cant i disable enemy ships?

I am all the time giving it a chance and am trying to get myself assured that there will be these vital Startrek aspects in the future but every person has limits to their partience..

And in such point everyone will either quit or want some reassurance that game will be developed further in these areas.

Startrek is not about killing everything but rather finding solutions to prevent violence. And yes there is also need for batle every now and then.

Players have their ability to have combat now. It would be time to add other aspects as well in near future.

Thank you, feel free to troll

Im sure in the future that sorta stuff will come.. atleast i really hope soo. My guess is make the combat core right... then go on to all those other game systems that will to me, in the end, make or break this game
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Because they all have to pay.

They ALL have to pay.

Laugh at ME will they? Chili in MY shower? Oh I THINK NOT. THEY WILL ALL PAY! DESTROY! DESTROY THEM ALL!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

"Seek out new life, and new civilizations, and then blow the everloving CRAP out of them."
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaPel
Why do i need to destroy everything? Why cant i scan for those dilithium crystal in a certain system? Why cant i have peaceful solutions to problems? Why cant i disable enemy ships?
Because that hippy crap is boring
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:26 PM
you do realize we are at at war on all sides???? war changes things...

but if you are an RP type i suggest you watch some TOS ... Kirk isnt always looking for the carebear solution...

In Arena, Spock even reminds him about the need to perserve sentient life and Kirk tells him Bollocks, we are the only law out here, set phaser banks to maximum.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
you do realize we are at at war on all sides???? war changes things...

but if you are an RP type i suggest you watch some TOS ... Kirk isnt always looking for the carebear solution...

In Arena, Spock even reminds him about the need to perserve sentient life and Kirk tells him Bollocks, we are the only law out here, set phaser banks to maximum.

...and then they kiss.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 12:28 PM
This has already been discussed at length before. I wouldn't expect any major changes to the game play. There really isn't much that is "Star Trek" about this game except the ships and weapons.

Welcome to the Federation of Murder.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Well so far the only working alternatives that they have so far that I've come across is to beam down to a planet and scan five objects on a barren planet, I'll take the destroying everything every time. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Not to mention there IS a lot of scanning, disabling, etc. But mainly blowing things up, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
There are several missions where you have to disable the ship. Granted you do that by shooting them until they stop.