Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah we have both here. Certain stuff is better at one or another to me. I like the Del Taco taco's better, but taco bell has burrito's i like.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 01:04 PM
We have taco bells here in Maryland but I've never seen any Del Tacos. There are some other mexican fast food places around too.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Cool!

(Does anyone know why my first reply shows up before his?)
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 01:14 PM
No, but at least you and I were the first two to post. Del Taco has chicken burritos or tacos or something, right? I don't think Taco Bell has chicken in their food, mostly.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Lindquist
I have 2 Del taco codes.
I hope your tummy is going to be ok. :p

And to those who wonder wth is a Del Taco and how does it relate to Taco Bell while not feeling like using google, it's fairly simple:

Taco Bell, we all know, it's a national chain.

Del Taco, uses slightly higher grade products. They also carry burgers/fries, something Taco Bell doesn't do. They do make good crinkle cut fries, and it's kind of cool to get them in a soda cup, that's how they serve the macho size.

Although I suspect they both get their beef fillings from the landfill.

For example, Taco Bell's chicken quasadilla uses a fairly cheap tortilla, a weird cheap chesse sauce, and some sort of chicken product that looks like it was scrap chicken meat forced into a chicken shape. This is not the same quesadilla you would take the time to make for yourself.

Del Taco's chicken queasdilla uses real cheese, like you would if you made it yourself. You can even get it with pepperjack cheese, which is a foreign object at Taco Bell. Their chicken? It looks like pieces cutt off a real chicken breast, no weird sauce to cover up the lack of quality. This is the kind of quesadilla that you would take the time to make for yourself.

Even though Del Taco seems to use higher quality ingriedients, I still prefer the taste combos of Taco Bell over Dell Taco. Taco Bell is cheaper too, although you can bargain hunt at either one. A family of four at Taco Bell takes about $15-$20 to feed, at Dell Taco that same family would be about $20-$25.

But I digress, I hardly go to any of them much anymore, there's a plethora of Jimboy's(the highest grade and most realistic fast food Mexican you can find short of actually going to a Mexican restraunt) Aldaberto's/Carolina's(authentic Mexican fast food, very good ingriedients, real steak/pork!, real cheese, everything real, real big, and made by real Mexicans!), and not to mention countless sitdown places, but now we are starting to talk about $10 a plate, which totally defeats the purpose of fast and cheap.