Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Hmmm....my experience with Exploration missions with Fleet members last night was that it worked perfectly.

He had a mission already, we grouped and then flew to the explore zone.

Once in zone, a button appeared on the right side of the screen, allowing me to zone into his mission.

We killed Klingons/scanned stuff/whatever, warped out. One of us would find another anomaly, zone in and the other would be able to zone in by pressing the button on the right that would pop.

I can't speak to Deep Space Encounters, I haven't tried them with a premade.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I agree, it's a bug. /bug it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 11:34 AM
This really needs to be fixed.

The basic architecture of STO already keeps the population divided up and boxed into countless parallel instances; friends need to be able to effortlessly join up with friends to play. Honestly, the best thing they could do is add a second transwarp option: "Transwarp Conduit to Friend's Instance." No cooldown.

Boom. Solved.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treboran
Hmmm....my experience with Exploration missions with Fleet members last night was that it worked perfectly.

He had a mission already, we grouped and then flew to the explore zone.

Once in zone, a button appeared on the right side of the screen, allowing me to zone into his mission.

We killed Klingons/scanned stuff/whatever, warped out. One of us would find another anomaly, zone in and the other would be able to zone in by pressing the button on the right that would pop.

I can't speak to Deep Space Encounters, I haven't tried them with a premade.

We were having this problem saturday night.... maybe they fixed it some during sunday's patches. But once in a while we'd get the button to click to go into the instance our partner was in. Other times there'd be nothing. And some times it'd show a button to go to the last instance we did again even though the teammate was in another one. Was weird. But maybe'/hopefully they've fixed that mostly.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keypek View Post
We were having this problem saturday night.... maybe they fixed it some during sunday's patches. But once in a while we'd get the button to click to go into the instance our partner was in. Other times there'd be nothing. And some times it'd show a button to go to the last instance we did again even though the teammate was in another one. Was weird. But maybe'/hopefully they've fixed that mostly.
Oh, don't get me wrong. They need to squash bugs related to this. This all happened around 8 PM EST last night.

And for what it's worth, we flew from DA to AA (first explore zone to next explore zone) and ended up in the same sector instances each time. So maybe they are working this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I've been seeing this sort of behavior sporadically and was suspecting that it was due to the long load times for some instances. It seemed that when the load took sufficiently long that we'd be scattered, but worked otherwise. That being said, that's hardly a solid finding, just how I recalled it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbaz View Post
So are you saying that we should expect to always be stuck together as a team. I.E. every sector space ... and every time one of us enters a zone, we should be prompted to join them ?
Yes, that is how it is supposed to be. Actually, the instancing system should also try to put you into the same instances as people in your Fleet and/or Friendlist.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbaz View Post
I have to admit, I can forgive launch issues, but not being able to play with my friends is going to get old quick.

I'm in a team with my friends, but yet we're scattered all over the place in different instances. We spend 10 minutes trying to find each other in the correct sector space instance. Then once we're together, we end up flying into say.. an enemy reading instance... only to discover we are AGAIN scattered across multiple instances. OH.. and there we cannot always swap to re-join each other.

What gives?

Sure, I *occasionally* get the little notice to join my friend in 'zeta epsilon whatever', but they seem inconsistent, and Why did we get split up in the first place?

What gives Cryptic? Any explanation as to why teams don't stay together?

Are there plans to keep teams locked in the same instances together?
ok let me explain.

You know when you are out shopping and a guy comes up to you with a suitcase full of Rolex watches and offers you one for 20 and then 2 weeks later it stops and then you find out it's full of cheap parts that are inferior to proper Rolex watches?

Welcome to Cryptic's MMO's. It's cheaper to have one server and simply split it into instances rather than buy multiple servers and have a real living world, like ******** for example.

Blizzard are Ferrari
Cryptic are your kids go-cart

I hope this helps you understand why you ended up with a Go-cart.