Lt. Commander
# 1 Connection and lag
02-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Tonight I've tried about 3 times to get on the game and play. The game is fine up until you start combat, then rubber banding, lagging and proper freezing for a good minute or two happens - including the lovely Server Not Responding errors. Granted out of combat it's a little laggy, but the server still responds and is acceptable.

It's not a hardware issue nor is it a connection issue on my end, how do I know? I played through Closed Beta without any problems like this and I've played early on in the day (GMT) and it's been fine, however from about 5/6 (GMT) onwards it seems to have gotten progressively worse.

Inicdentally, I would put this down to new MMO, just launched, still ironing out bugs. However, I've asked other people and they seem not to be experiencing the same issue. Is it an everyone issue, a some people issue or a just me issue? If it's just me, is there a fix?

Many thanks,
Ryan.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 12:25 PM
My problem exactly. STO Team This isnt acseptable for less than 24 hours before release. ALl theses major bugs should have been ironed out. I URGE YOU. Shut down your serever. and dont reactivate it untill this problem is addressed. Its not our connection speed or whatever because we have all tested and it checks out fine. So its your server. Please fix it. The game is great however ive been "trying" to play since mid open beta. i was still ensign 1 when OB finished AND IM STILL ENSIGN 1 NOW, Due to the same problem. In total. I may have played for just over an hour and 30 minutes. OR LESS. I have payed to get acsess to OB & HS and i expect to get a reasonable play of it. otherwise, what was the point in pre ordering. I live in england which means i get 2 more days before it releases here. Fix it. Or I want some form of compensation for loosing almost all my OB & Headstart time. Because lets be reasonable its not fair that i connect all the time to iron out YOUR BUGS and you dont even fix this one. NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES PEOPLE TELL YOU ABOUT IT. AN EXPLINATION WOULD BE NICE. Heed my warning. And im sayig this all in the nicest possible manner, but it is realy unacseptable for 2 years of development and over a month of Beta testing!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
i had the same issue today
i had no problems with playing ealrier

for me helped changing to use proxy
when you start launcher go to options and set proxy there
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I had to switch to proxy or else it is unplayable, just moving around is impossible. Even still, after every other loading screen I get booted out of the game and have to log back in, which can take 3-4 attempts.

None of my fleet-mates have this problem. And again, it's not my hardware or connection. I ran the game just fine without proxy in open beta up until the last 2 days, then this happened.

I am stumped.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:47 PM
All it is, is too many people trying to connect at the same time. There is a point in the day, usually 5-6pm GMT where it is pretty much garunteed for all people arround the world to play at the same time as in most places it wont be unreasonable hours. It just kinda sucks that those from other countries where people get home for 5/6 GMT and want to play can't.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekythorne View Post
My problem exactly. STO Team This isnt acseptable for less than 24 hours before release. ALl theses major bugs should have been ironed out. I URGE YOU. Shut down your serever. and dont reactivate it untill this problem is addressed. Its not our connection speed or whatever because we have all tested and it checks out fine. So its your server. Please fix it. The game is great however ive been "trying" to play since mid open beta. i was still ensign 1 when OB finished AND IM STILL ENSIGN 1 NOW, Due to the same problem. In total. I may have played for just over an hour and 30 minutes. OR LESS. I have payed to get acsess to OB & HS and i expect to get a reasonable play of it. otherwise, what was the point in pre ordering. I live in england which means i get 2 more days before it releases here. Fix it. Or I want some form of compensation for loosing almost all my OB & Headstart time. Because lets be reasonable its not fair that i connect all the time to iron out YOUR BUGS and you dont even fix this one. NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES PEOPLE TELL YOU ABOUT IT. AN EXPLINATION WOULD BE NICE. Heed my warning. And im sayig this all in the nicest possible manner, but it is realy unacseptable for 2 years of development and over a month of Beta testing!
ok if u joined ob mid way and were an ensign 1 when it ended, its your computer. i joined ob halfway through and was a lieutenant 9 at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 12:59 PM
It isnt limited to 5-6gmt at all. Its happening now and has been for the last hr that I am aware of, the game DC'd me about an hr ago, and its nrly 9pm GMT now, and it will be like this for the next few hrs, which is kinda sucky since its prime time in the EU, been like this for me since Headstart, was not so bad in OB.

This is the only issue that has stopped me buying Lifetime Sub or 12mth Sub.

This Thread:- http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=88714 is pretty much covering the same issues, and they are mostly UK Based.