Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Feds and Klingons BOTH have to have something to accomplish, you cant have red vs blue only or you get the problems we are seeing now.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Glad to see he didn't care enough to come screaming into the post.

Again we need timers on these matches that award the win to the one with the most points or kills.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
The problem would be because there is no incentive for dying. Meaning the objectives of most maps (even to an extent the capture maps) is to kill the other side. If winning is defined by who kills the most, everyone will build their characters to avoid death (be it Klingons or Feds) and tactics will be based around the fewest losses.
Yes this makes sense, I actually was pondering about it the same time you posted The matches end when one side reached 15 kills, therefore it is important no to die...it is self evident actually.

But it creates a stalemate when both sides are aware of that. If the feds organize in tight Groups to protect one another then the Klingons are not inclined to take an initiative and both sides play the waiting game.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muawijhe
That screeny is QQ from 5 feds because I would not die.

Had 5 cruisers balled up for 45min crying like they caught me with their old lady. I was uncloaking, attacking then bolting out of range. They refused to even think about going after me, but boy did the QQ flow. So yeah we "griefed" them because the scrubs refused to move for 45 min.

Pretty Nub QQ though very unoriginal. They stuck with the tried and true, "You've been reported for griefing" and the dreaded "Im going to post on the boards" QQ, *shiver*.
I have no sympathy for players that expect us to waltz into their ball of death...especially when they whine like QQing hom0er0tic tribbles.

Play the salvage resource map if you dont like the KILL COUNT to win scenarios.

I rarely play cracked planetoid.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
So I am making this post as I sit in what is now a 20 minute long PvP match. Here is a link to a thread and screen shot of the chat. http://gamesnafu.com/smf/index.php?topic=967.0 (right click and view for larger pic)They are just staying cloaked and refusing to fight.

WE NEED TIME LIMITS ON PVP MATCHES CRYPTIC!!!!
You can always LEAVE that match.

You're not FORCED to complete a pvp match when kids are doing such things. Time limits will only create more issues, like joining a match just in time for it to end.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
It is a good day to die! (anyone?).

The problem here is that people want to Win no matter what, instead of simply wanting to fight, so they play it safe, but a Safe Victory is not a real Victory in my book...because this is a game..it is not reality you lose nothing, why be so obsessed about the Win?

Live long, fight hard, and Prosper!
If you really thought that you'd just fly away from the feds. You'll die quickly if you get 30km+ away.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnality
Because you, like the other Klingon scrubs I see on our side, will hide, cloaked, forever, not wanting to attack and maybe get killed.
Okay man heres the deal.... Not everyone in this game is good at PVP (we know this). Most pugs now on the Klingon side are good and set up teams but IN OB this was not the case. Not exactly sure when the screen shot occured but if this was during OB they have their reasons for cloaking. Also not having a cruiser to take dmg while BoP or raptors (Does anyone fly one?) burst people don't sucks. My fleet is fortunate enough to have a guy who is a beast BoP tank and can take a good bit of feds. I'll admit it sucks to go into a complete pug of Klingons and no one but myself will unclaok to kill my target.

At the same time though this issue is just as bad to me as a complete team of Sci/cruiser ships on fed side.
5 BoP vs 1 sci and 4 cruisers sucks ass.

Game timers would be nice but people would still complain. Klingon side could take th lead and immdeiately all cloak up and the games over. All we'd need is one kill to end the game.

Anyone like the idea of that?
Didn't think so.

Zitro
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorX View Post
You can always LEAVE that match.

You're not FORCED to complete a pvp match when kids are doing such things. Time limits will only create more issues, like joining a match just in time for it to end.
True but who wants to do this. why not just stick it out and lose and get the same reward as the winners? Lol and btw entering a match to just have it end on me won't be bad either as long as I get free skill points.

No game is worth wasting win or lose as a Klingon. Our ques and leveling are so slow atm that feds will be end cap before we're 3/4 of the way.

Woohoo I love free skill points.

Note: This problem does not occur in T5 due to the carrier ship. There will always be a visable Klingon on the because the Klingon carrier has no stealth. So really running into Klingons once every forty matchs that don't unclaok isn't all to bad. Just keep slaving away and completing the 300+ pvp matchs to get to endgame.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Time limits on cloaking in pvp?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
So I am making this post as I sit in what is now a 20 minute long PvP match. Here is a link to a thread and screen shot of the chat. http://gamesnafu.com/smf/index.php?topic=967.0 (right click and view for larger pic)They are just staying cloaked and refusing to fight.

WE NEED TIME LIMITS ON PVP MATCHES CRYPTIC!!!!
Blame the game, not the player. The pvp match design is terrible.