Lt. Commander
Just an idea, but on away missions, many times you have to find mission objectives. The tricorder also is used to find anomolies on away missions.

It would be nice to be able to scan for one or the other with a little setting box to set the tricorder.

So while doing the mission, the tricorder would finds nearest mission objective and not also the one or two anomolies on the planet, if yoiu set it to.

While thinking on it,

It would also be nice if the life signs on the Hud would not go red until you know they are hostile (been in combat) So you don't know if they are friendlies or opponents. That of coarse would require some missions with lots of NPCs that may or may not be hostile, dependant on actions.

It would be nice to face decisions on what you do on away missions that lead to different effects. Sometimes hostile, sometimes decisions that lead to other solves of misssions.

Things like beam down to planet, greated by friendly people. Then they trick you and you have to escape from some cell without weapons. Or beam down and discuss with people to find which group is the real bad guys adding a moral quandry to mission. Or beam down and forced to fight your own away team in an areana, with some method to get to bad guys, if seen or if you do right sequence. Basically most Star Trek episodes could be outlines for away mission plot ideas with decisions in the plots.

Although ideas like this might be in the game, I have only been playing a few days of coarse.

A few other mission ideas, they could make missions on your own ship, where it loads just like you were beaming onto a outpost, but the setting says it is a few rooms on your ship. So intruder alert missions would be possible with the enviroment being based on your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Cool ideas. Although I figure the anomolies screw with the tricorder, so you need to go clear them.

Would be nice to have the option to negotiate with possibly hostile natives. I know that when I don't need to kill hostiles, I try to avoid it. We'd the Feds after all. Now when I roll my Klingon.....
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Very good suggestions. I swear, did the team even bother to watch an episode of Star Trek before they made this game? Little things like this would really enhance the experiance and make it more Trek like. There are hundreds of thiings they need to do to this game yet to make it more Trek like! Let us go to Sickbay, the Engine room, the Transporter room, hangerdeck, etc. Right now, it feels so lifeless and un-Trek like now. Even walking thru doors "swishing" open is absent. Beam to the bridge? Really? And a useless bridge at that... Right now, it is almost pure combat with very little risk. Very blah game....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treboran
Cool ideas. Although I figure the anomolies screw with the tricorder, so you need to go clear them.

Would be nice to have the option to negotiate with possibly hostile natives. I know that when I don't need to kill hostiles, I try to avoid it. We'd the Feds after all. Now when I roll my Klingon.....
Nice point on the anomalies, can use that as a personal brain fix to stay in the story of a mission

I agree with some thinking ways out with more reward if you figure out some better way, as far as limiting casual players or click and shoot players, they could still solve with brute force, but it might take longer and get less xp then following a better federation solution to mission. (reversed for Klingon).

There is a mission, it is in space, a freighter of unknown origin, hails and says it was attacked, in flies some unknown race with a few space ships. You are told to defend the freighter.

The MMO way is follow the instructions, and just start shooting. The Star Trek TV show method, and not sure if missions have those things in them, would be to wait till fired on, to make sure the guy in freighter wasn't the real bad guy.

And the funnest solution would not be to have an option 'attack or wait till fired on', but having to think of it yourself.

Its a subtle difference, but it adds alot of the flavor of the decision making that is in the show. Both outcomes could give xp, but more if the better solution is found.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
Very good suggestions. I swear, did the team even bother to watch an episode of Star Trek before they made this game? Little things like this would really enhance the experiance and make it more Trek like. There are hundreds of thiings they need to do to this game yet to make it more Trek like! Let us go to Sickbay, the Engine room, the Transporter room, hangerdeck, etc. Right now, it feels so lifeless and un-Trek like now. Even walking thru doors "swishing" open is absent. Beam to the bridge? Really? And a useless bridge at that... Right now, it is almost pure combat with very little risk. Very blah game....

Thinking about it, the random missions could have some security breech in engineering, or beam a alien faction onto ship that begins an intrusion.

Then there would be a different copy of the mission for each ship class, so that the background would match your ship class. so once each interior ship layout is like an outpost instance, then you could do engineering incursion for any class, if you are constitution class, the contituition class flavor of mission is loaded with its engineering section background, if you are on some science class vessle, that mission, with same bad guys and decision tree is picked, but with a different background loaded.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Some excellent ideas in the OP here. Changing tricorder settings, choices to negotiate or set phasers to "shake'n'bake", turnabout NPCs... I like these ideas and give them a stamp of approval!