Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
LOL

Adapt or quit federation baddies!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnality
They don't admit being OP because no one wants a nurf. Hell, I don't want a nurf, but balance? Please. What these Klingon kids don't get is that if we continue to be over powered then we'll chase away the federation and our PVP lines will be unplayably long.



I'm a troll because you don't agree with me? Klingons are fine as they are if you don't mind being over powered and winning most matches without trying. Sure. Wait, *I* need to l2p? I win most of my matches, so no, I don't need to learn to play, I know how, I know how TOO WELL even. I think you're just scared of actually having to use some skill when you play (since you have none that means you'll lose). Take your own advice, l2p and get ready for some nurf. Start trying team work and tactics. Rushing in won't be enough come the nurf.



Federation is 13, Klingon is 11. I play both pretty equally. Bad day? Nope. I think you're making assumptions for me to discredit my very truthful post. Get ready for the nurf, friend.



Nah, been there, done that. Real life time for in-game skills is lame.
whats your toons name?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnality
Once the sufficent data is collected they will bring their changes back down. *giggles* You're a guy, IRL, fruit.
They probably nerfed it for pve most likely because they felt it was too close to cruiser, can still solo things like 10 or more levels above me though in so /care.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirius View Post
Sorry sir, but you are wrong. I don't see how he is trolling, but I can't say the same about you.

Things are tipped in klingon's favor, they got buffed and now its getting harder and harder to find a good game win/lose with KvF.

Something needs to change.
He isn't wrong, he is dead wrong. Frankly I question his skill in the game if he thinks things are balanced.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
I had a nice 40-39 today.
Why?
The feds worked as a team.
Most Feds think they are Archer, Kirk, Picard, Sisko and Janeway in one person and they play that way.
Thats why they lose.
I even had to explain a LtC Fed who was wondering about my huge damage how expose/exploit works.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
Sounds like they are still simply finding the range on the target.

I would imagine we will see a few more buffs/nerfs over the coming months before they can get the balance correct.
I think part of the problem is that they built a faction where the die hard (be they PvPers or Klingon fans) are he majority of the players. They get good at what the need to be good at (PvP) really fast or they leave. This creates a faction that is built to win most of the time, then when they do win most of the time they get nerfed.

If we have a bigger population with more diversity in players and playstyles we would not be seeing Klingon domination in the way we do.

Do they need balance tweaks? Yes but that doesn't mean the the cries of "Klingons are unstoppable" are true and based in reality of game mechanics. If they are unstoppable it has more to do with the fact that the faction system promotes it that way and less to do with the few abilities/skills/gear that is uniquely Klingon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnality
On my Klingon I still have Mk2 loadout on my BoP - haven't upgraded - and I find myself raping ships in a way that I simply shouldn't. I've had 4 Feds shooting at me before and they can't cut thru my shields fast enough, whereas I alone will cut thru their shields with ease.
Don't be ridiculous.

Feds have access to the same weapons we do, if not more. They have more hull and better shields. So tell me, why can't they kill us faster than we kill them? Yes, a Klingon ship outfitted with heavy cannons will out-DPS a Fed ship outfitted with low DPS wide angle beams. Nothing stops the Feds from flying escorts armed with cannons, though -- that's exactly how I played my Fed in open beta and I killed plenty of Klingons with it.

Quote:
2) Stay together and everyone target the escorts. Our cannons rip them apart even with buffs and heals.

3) Now its 5 v 4 or 5 v 3.
And why do you suppose Feds can't do this?

EVERY T2 Klingon ship is an escort! Klingons have to sit in cloak and examine every Fed ship to see which one is the escort but Feds can just pick any Klingon ship and kill it. We're all in escorts! Feds need to pick someone to assist, let that person pick a target (pick a Klingon, any Klingon) and then pain-train.



You can't balance "stupid", though. If Feds arm their ships entirely with weak wide-area beam weapons and they all fly around in Cruisers with 100 shield energy then it should come as no surprise that Klingons appear overpowered. Big shields will not defeat big weapons. You can't win by playing super-defense, which is something many Fed players haven't grasped.

Go fight a team of Fed players who aren't stupid and then come back here and re-analyze your post. Get a couple of escorts that will tear you up, a couple of science officers that will heal them and a couple of cruisers that can keep the fight in their favor while any dead escorts rejoin the battle and you have a recipe for victory.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
Do they need balance tweaks? Yes but that doesn't mean the the cries of "Klingons are unstoppable" are true and based in reality of game mechanics.
Now you're seeing the light.

I'm not unstoppable at all. In fact I die quite a bit, but the fact is there needs to be balance tweaks because, without too much trouble, I win quite easily.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
I think part of the problem is that they built a faction where the die hard (be they PvPers or Klingon fans) are he majority of the players. They get good at what the need to be good at (PvP) really fast or they leave. This creates a faction that is built to win most of the time, then when they do win most of the time they get nerfed.

If we have a bigger population with more diversity in players and playstyles we would not be seeing Klingon domination in the way we do.

Do they need balance tweaks? Yes but that doesn't mean the the cries of "Klingons are unstoppable" are true and based in reality of game mechanics. If they are unstoppable it has more to do with the fact that the faction system promotes it that way and less to do with the few abilities/skills/gear that is uniquely Klingon.
I completely agree, and I play mainly as Federation.

I would say, don't nerf anything until we see some serious sampling of max-level PVP. And even then, I can imagine the dynamics changing significantly once other playable factions are introduced.

The 'problem' -- if that -- is that everyone currently starts as Federation, whereas you have to be somewhat experienced to play Klingon. If players are ever allowed to create Klingons from scratch without needing to start as Federation -- basically, if Klingons get the same amount of PVE content -- I imagine the major balance issues would disappear.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Go fight a team of Fed players who aren't stupid and then come back here and re-analyze your post. Get a couple of escorts that will tear you up, a couple of science officers that will heal them and a couple of cruisers that can keep the fight in their favor while any dead escorts rejoin the battle and you have a recipe for victory.
I have, and that is a hard battle and because of my gear I usually lose.

Unfortunately Slamz, THEY are the EXCEPTION, not the rule.

Balance cannot be worked around "EXCEPTIONS" - balance must be the rule.

Though I do have to say that if all 5 BoP/Raptors focus fire on an escort ship, heals or no heals, he dies. 5v4 now.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:46 AM.