Lt. Commander
# 1 Question about promotion
02-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Greetings,

I seaarched the forums and it states that once you spend "enough" SP you will get a hail sometime after Lt. 10 and get an offer to be promoted. I am cvurrently Lt. 12 and have received no such mission. I have spent all my available SP. Is there something I am missing? Is there a special order of missions I need to do? *confused*

Thanks for your help and sorry for the newbie question.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyboy View Post
Greetings,

I seaarched the forums and it states that once you spend "enough" SP you will get a hail sometime after Lt. 10 and get an offer to be promoted. I am cvurrently Lt. 12 and have received no such mission. I have spent all my available SP. Is there something I am missing? Is there a special order of missions I need to do? *confused*

Thanks for your help and sorry for the newbie question.
6700 Skill Points need to be spent. Once you do that you'll get a hail and a chance to see the Admiral.

Lt. 12?

Wow. That advancement exam is a B****...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 12:52 PM
I've spent all my SP. Not sure what else I am supposed to do. I have not spent any Bridge points really, but I have maxed out my skills. Maybe I will figure it out tomorrow. Going to be the highest ranked Lt. ever.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyboy View Post
I've spent all my SP. Not sure what else I am supposed to do. I have not spent any Bridge points really, but I have maxed out my skills. Maybe I will figure it out tomorrow. Going to be the highest ranked Lt. ever.
You need to spend a certain amount of skill points before being promoted otherwise you'll continue up in the grades indefinately. If you've not spent any BO points, that is the likely problem so level up your BOs and you should then get promotion. If you do that and still don't, file it as a bug because something's obviously wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 01:36 PM
You don't have to spend BO points to get promoted... just skill points.

Check your missions... do you not have one to return to earth starbase and talk to the admiral to get promoted? If not, hover over your rank in the top left corner. It will tell you what you need to do to advance. If something seems wrong there, I'd put in a support ticket.