Ensign
# 1 Eternal loading screen
08-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi all, I've been having what seems to be a relatively common problem, but even with the help of support I cannot get my tower pc in game. This is frustrating as my lesser laptop is running fine.

I have sent ping and dxdiag results and run the forced check and safe mode to no avail. I did find that one of my hdds was on its last legs and pulled that hoping it would solve the issue. Nope

The game gets to the choose character screen and when you chooseit runs upto 97% quickly and then stalls. If I do get into game I cannot clear any doff missions or change sector if in space. This is with all the settings at minimum.

I have checked my firewall, and indeed I have completely re installed windows and as a consequence reinstalled all my drivers and the like to no effect.

I have an i5 chip and sli 560ti cards in which never used to have a problem with the game running at max.

Can anyone point out where I'm going wrong and help?
Career Officer
# 2
08-09-2014, 10:21 AM
Click into options before entering your password and put a check in 'disable on-demand patching'.

It is likely the game is downloading supporting files in the background to allow you to do the stuff you are trying to do. Disabling patch on demand means all files are already on the PC so delays are minimised.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Ensign
# 3
08-10-2014, 04:30 AM
Tried and failed. Is there any specific hardware issue that might be causing the problem? My laptop loads up no problem, and is much less powerful that my tower pc.
Ensign
# 4
08-10-2014, 04:43 AM
Hmmm, ok this is wierd. I just changed my network connection to wireless instead of direct and the game now works. I have just checked my network adapter and it's all upto date. Why would a direct link cause an issue when technically it should be faster?