Lt. Commander
# 1 Tribbles in PvP
02-01-2010, 09:37 AM
I heard somewhere that as tribbles dont work for Klingons that they were banned from PvP and did not function.

This does not seem to be the case far as i can tell they simply can not be used in combat but the fed can just use it when they get out of combat to restore all health. Is this true?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 09:45 AM
They are usable in PVE, and out of combat...ground...not Space.

And of cource if you are not carefull they can be a big problem. I found one in a Mission and kept it in my inventory as I went on finishing the mission i got many food drops...a couple of hours later I opened my inventory and I now had 8 tribbles and no food whatsoever in the inventory

This is so cool, and proper Lore for STO as well.

When you use them out of Combat their soothing sound restores some of your health yes, yet, rest assured they do not give any advantage.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
They are usable in PVE, and out of combat...ground...not Space.

And of cource if you are not carefull they can be a big problem. I found one in a Mission and kept it in my inventory as I went on finishing the mission i got many food drops...a couple of hours later I opened my inventory and I now had 8 tribbles and no food whatsoever in the inventory

This is so cool, and proper Lore for STO as well.

When you use them out of Combat their soothing sound restores some of your health yes, yet, rest assured they do not give any advantage.
quite the contrary. Breed a rare tribble, and you get nice little buffs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Tribbles are an out-of-combat heal, yes.

You can also eat food for an out of combat heal -- you can get food from your replicator for cheap.

"Out of combat" stuff isn't that useful in the current deathmatch PvP maps, though. The fighting is pretty constant and you're not doing your team any favors by hiding behind a box waiting to stroke your tribble.

Use hypos instead. There's a vendor that sells them. I buy medium hypos by the truckload.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorac
quite the contrary. Breed a rare tribble, and you get nice little buffs.
Well that is a bonus then, to the Tribble minigame.

I see it as Slamz still however.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
The fighting is pretty constant and you're not doing your team any favors by hiding behind a box waiting to stroke your tribble.
I'm not going to say it....nope...not going there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Tribbles are an out-of-combat heal, yes.

You can also eat food for an out of combat heal -- you can get food from your replicator for cheap.

"Out of combat" stuff isn't that useful in the current deathmatch PvP maps, though. The fighting is pretty constant and you're not doing your team any favors by hiding behind a box waiting to stroke your tribble.

Use hypos instead. There's a vendor that sells them. I buy medium hypos by the truckload.
Actually the most effective use is a combination of hypos and tribbles. Why use a consumable hypo when you can use a tribble. Tribbles are best after a large fight concludes and no science is around, or you are on the move to another location and need to heal. I stay alive by using both.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't think Tribble heals are much of a factor anymore while in PvP. Besides, some maps give you free +100HP Hypos that are much more effective.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I use a lot of healing and often heal after a big fight using stims a tribble would be better because I tend to run out of stims even the minor ones I use for out of combat heals. If you can heal after a big battle there is no reason next battle you cant win. In death match the fact half the people who just beat you are on 50% or less health is the reason why when you counter attack they lose. (Because your team having all died is on full health)

I did get a tribble from a spy in the federation but it just bit me. Klingons should be able to find a targ which does the same job or maybe a diffrent bonus if they can not use tribbles.